Oil Free Dressing

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Oil Free Dressing

Postby Jillann » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm

thanks Nettie for the link... I just pulled up the salad dressing & will go back & look at the other items... but for me not sure these will work...
not sure the info on splenda but only use as close to natural sweetners so that's out for me... and looking at the list it say's
natural blue cheese & sour cream??? hummm nothing about blue cheese or sour cream that's natural to me... LOL

thinking I will for sure have to check out the sodium being they use soy sauces & worcestershire sauce... ???
will go now & check out closer... :)

here is what they have about their dressing on the dressing page...
"Eating a salad is healthy, unless it’s topped with high calorie, high fat salad dressings that can easily add hundreds of calories. Instead, eat “The Walden Way” and enjoy a collection of 20 Walden Farms Calorie Free Salad Dressings. No calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars of any! Made with delicious ingredients ingredients and natural flavors such as organic soy sauce, ginger, mild Chipotle, lemon juice, cracked black pepper & white pepper, crushed garlic, minced onion, natural blue cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, dozens of freshly ground herbs and spices, the finest imported and domestic aged vinegars and more...Switch and save hundreds of calories every time, “The Walden Way.”
Jillann

Postby CHEF AJ » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 am

I am producing an event this Sunday called www.HealthyTasteofLA.com. One of the chefs is Chef Ramses Bravo of True North in Santa Rosa (www.healthpromoting.com). His demo is going to be amamzing. It is ALL SALAD DRESSINGS with NO OIL and NO SALT. I saw them and one is made with mango, one with apples and one with corn. I never post another chef's recipe anywhere or a recipe from a book without explicit permission, but I will ask him if I can share them.
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
www.HealthyTasteOnline.com
CHEF AJ

Postby Nettie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 am

Jillann wrote:........ and looking at the list it say's
natural blue cheese & sour cream??? hummm nothing about blue cheese or sour cream that's natural to me... LOL

...here is what they have about their dressing on the dressing page...
"Eating a salad is healthy, unless it’s topped with high calorie, high fat salad dressings that can easily add hundreds of calories. Instead, eat “The Walden Way” and enjoy a collection of 20 Walden Farms Calorie Free Salad Dressings. No calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars of any! Made with delicious ingredients ingredients and natural flavors such as organic soy sauce, ginger, mild Chipotle, lemon juice, cracked black pepper & white pepper, crushed garlic, minced onion, natural blue cheese, sour cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, dozens of freshly ground herbs and spices, the finest imported and domestic aged vinegars and more...Switch and save hundreds of calories every time, “The Walden Way.”

Well, of course I don't buy their dressings with bleu cheese or sour cream. Even their Ranch dressing doesn't have those in it. The Thousand Island has none of those either, so that's the one I buy. I haven't been able to find the French dressing in the stores.

They don't have a wonderful taste, but they supply that creaminess I need to have on a salad, without the HFCS that's in the Kraft ff dressings.

Nettie
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.

Star_McDougaller

Nettie

Postby Pacificfords » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 am

I didn't realize they had so many flavors! Nice...

There is no dairy... just sour cream flavor, and bleu cheese flavor... etc. It specifies after each dairy-like ingredient "non-dairy."
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Postby Jillann » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:26 am

yes I have went & read more and although in many ways it is good, for me it would be just to make it easier now that I am caring for my father but the sodium content is just way to high for him and only one is in line with what I would use as far as the sodium content... again thank you for the link Nettie... :)
Jillann

Previous

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning