Fruit salsa

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Fruit salsa

Postby mtns » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 am

I thought this made a great healthy snack.

Chop 2 granny smith apples, 2 kiwis, 1 lb. strawberries, place in a serving bowl. Add 1 container of washed raspberries. Add 2 tbsp. brown sugar and 2 tbsp. apple jelly. Stir gently. Serve with cinnamon chips

For the cinnamon chips she called for brushing flour tortillas with butter or cooking spray, but I thought of adding a little water and then sprinkle with cinnamon and suger. Cut in wedges. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min.

This was so so good. I wouldn't eat this all the time since I am trying to do the MWL. But I thought once in a while I would make this.
mtns

Re: Fruit salsa

Postby merriweather » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:26 am

Good feast day fare. I'd make sure the tortillas were whole wheat.
I think I would even like the chips with just the cinnamon.
Or with a mix of cinnamon and other "sweet" spices.
I cannot believe that since doing this I don't seek sugar.
I never could understand when my mother said something was too sweet. I thought that was absolutely impossible.
Now it actually happens to me.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Re: Fruit salsa

Postby mtns » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:34 pm

yeah, I bought some whole wheat tortillas. Me and my son can't have wheat so we are going to have corn tortillas. I really don't use sugar anymore. Still trying to wean off of stevia though. I am going to make it tonight. My sister is coming over tonight. So I thought it would be kind of fun. But I will not be adding sugar.
Kathy
mtns

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning