The most provocative episode yet of The Chef & The Dietitian

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The most provocative episode yet of The Chef & The Dietitian

Postby CHEF AJ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhM7GauDP7k

This episode was given a big thumbs up by both Dr. T.Colin Campbell and Mrs. Campbell.
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
www.HealthyTasteOnline.com
CHEF AJ

Re: The most provocative episode yet of The Chef & The Dietitian

Postby mtns » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 am

That video was truly funny. I was so laughing. I loved your shirt Chef A.J. I also liked how easy that almond milk was. Great idea.
Thanks keep up the good work with the videos.
Kathy
mtns

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:49 am

She did mention as she spooned it in that almond butter was raw. Brand unknown until Chef AJ posts though...

Personally, I just toss in the nuts, whole and whip it up.
GeoffreyLevens

Postby CHEF AJ » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:21 am

Yes, it was raw. I don't show labels until we get a real sponsor but it was Trader Joes. Then a serving will cost 5.8 cents a glass. If you use an organic brand, it will be more costly. And yes, you can certainly use whole almonds. I show how to do this in my DVD with Dr. Lederman. This is just so much easier for most people, not soaking or straining their nuts. As far as the boobies, they are 100% plant based. Msut be all the kale :lol:

Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 am

CHEF AJ wrote:And yes, you can certainly use whole almonds. I show how to do this in my DVD with Dr. Lederman. This is just so much easier for most people, not soaking or straining their nuts.

I don't seem to have any digestive issues with it so I do not pre-soak nuts before or strain after, just enjoy the entire thing blended smooth in water aka "milk"
GeoffreyLevens

Postby CHEF AJ » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 am

If one does not have a high powered blender like the Vita-mix or Blend-tec, the almond butter method makes for a smoother milk. In California where I live you can't get "truly raw" almonds anymore, they all are now flash pasteurized. In an old teleconference of Dr. F he said we should eat some nuts soaked and some unsoaked but I know not everyone has time to soak their nuts.
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning