Battle of The Green Smoothie - Part Two

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Battle of The Green Smoothie - Part Two

Postby CHEF AJ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJkBEZF6i9I

So whose smoothie do you prefer, mine or Julieanna's? Come see both of us at the next McDougall Advanced Study Weekend in February 2010
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
www.HealthyTasteOnline.com
CHEF AJ

Re: Battle of The Green Smoothie - Part Two

Postby merriweather » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Don't have a super blender so not quite up to smoothies. So I'll cheat and vote for Chef AJ's because I was privileged to drink some at the class I took. It was really nice.
I actually don't do much fruit anyway, due to diabetes. Personal reaction. Hope as I gain more control , and lose more weight I can work fruit back in.
BUT since taking the class I really wanted to fit more dark greens into my life. SO I go to the good old Asian Mkt near me and get bunches. Then I put it through my food processor, and add that to every thing. I even froze some of the ==not sure what to call it Paste? Any way I add it to rice and potatoes. Keep up the good work and maybe send a video to vitamix and blentec.
(One or the other is certianly on my wish list :nod: )
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby mtns » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 pm

I bought the stuff for the green smoothies yesterday and plan on trying them this week. I wll let you know which one I liked best. I am excited to try them. By the way how many servings do they make?
Kathy
mtns

Postby Katydid » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Well, I have to vote for Chef AJ, just because that smoothie was almost identical to the one I made today :D . Only I used a whole orange instead of juice, half spinach and half kale, and no mint. Same frozen fruit mix (I get mine at Aldi's). And I use a 20 year old Osterizer so my smoothie has some added water to keep the poor old thing from bogging down.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby CHEF AJ » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:09 am

If you are using it as a meal replacement I would say it serves one (32 ounces). If it's just part of a meal then 2-4. It is way better to use a whole orange than OJ, then you get all the fiber. At culinary school we made them with just water and mostly greens and only enough fruit to make them palatable. I am always on the go so this is the best way for me to get my greens.

Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby mtns » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Thankyou so much for those recipes. I never thought of adding mint to them. What a great taste it gave the smoothies. It is really hard to tell you which one I liked best, because I thought they were both great in their own way. Yours had such a refreshing flavor and a good combination of fruits, plus less ingredients which was nice, but I like the other one as well. I never thought of putting so many different fruits into it, but I loved it and my kids seem to like it as well. I thought it had a great flavor. I love the addition of mango in both of them as well and the mint just highlighted that mango flavor, which I love. Anyway thankyou so much for the wonderful recipes. I will definitly continue to use both of the recipes. They make a wonderful breakfast.
Kathy
mtns

Postby CHEF AJ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 am

You're so welcome. Here's the next episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhM7GauDP7k

Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning