Buddhist Prayer for Those Suffering in Factory Farms

Post here diet and lifestyle topics that have a religious orientation. Topics with a religious tone posted in all other parts of the board will be deleted.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, John McDougall

Buddhist Prayer for Those Suffering in Factory Farms

Postby Letha.. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm

This is a link to a YouTube video with a Buddhist prayer for those suffering in factory farms. It’s long, about 8 minutes, but it plays kind of like a meditation and I like that the aspirations are all very peaceful and compassionate as opposed to some of the aggressiveness that you often find in the animal rights movement. :)
Letha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWKkNAswUgE
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Re: Buddhist Prayer for Those Suffering in Factory Farms

Postby TeriTX » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

Letha, I started to watch the video but got scared when I saw the animal photos. Is there anything awful that I really do not want to see?
TeriPDX
TeriTX

Postby Letha.. » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

TeriTX wrote:Letha, I started to watch the video but got scared when I saw the animal photos. Is there anything awful that I really do not want to see?

Hi Teri,
I understand your concern. I am also not interested in seeing a lot of footage of suffering animals. In this Youtube video the only animals shown are pigs. They are all alive and they all appear to me to be healthy. In the beginning they are in small cages in a depressing barn. And then later on they are running around in the grass and shrubs and sunshine and getting baths and being petted and they are shown all snuggled up sleeping in a big pig pile. I didn’t see anything disturbing. Hope you are having a good day. :)
Letha
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
Letha..

Postby TeriTX » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank you, Letha. I will start it again.

Edited to add: I did start it again and watched the whole thing. It was beautiful and powerful. Thank you for sharing this.
TeriPDX
TeriTX

Return to Religious Forum