30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Postby yardy.dk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 pm

I too know about that invisible line where one just blows it.
Mine is set to 5 weeks for some reason - so I aim for a 6 weeks crash course in McDougalling. After that it will be kind of second nature - but still I have to be alert.

So I'll gladly join in on the callenge. :-)
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. ~A. Whitney Brown
yardy.dk

Postby Loveskale » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Good for you Debbie, I am cheering for you! :-D
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Katydid » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Good Luck, Deb. I know that when I decided to challenge myself to lose 15 pounds in 15 weeks, I started to take this program a lot more seriously. A 30 day plan is certainly doable. You know the drill by now. Cook food in advance and store in freezer or fridge. Don't let yourself get over hungry by skipping meals. Keep It Simple Sweetie. You are not a bad mother if you put your kids down for half an hour so you can make some brown rice and SNAP. Your the mother - you make the rules. Nobody needs ice cream, cookies and chips in the house. Its no use saying they're for the kids or hubby, we addictive eaters know where they'll end up. So shop like you mean it. And don't eat in the car. Exercise to the extent your bad back will allow you. Forgive small mistakes so you don't make bigger ones. It's only food. There is no virtue or sin involved. Again, good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am

Hang in there and keep that head up :nod:
sksamboots

Postby proverbs31woman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Debbie,

I hope you're hanging in there. You can do this. I'm joining you. I need to be more complaint as well.
proverbs31woman

Postby Adele001 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:27 am

Hi Debbie
It made me smile reading about your potty training issues. I am in the same boat - trying to get my 3 year old boy to give up nappies, and also trying to toilet train a puppy. It's frustrating isn't it?
How many children do you have? I have two; a 3 year old boy and a nearly 5 year old girl. I'm an emotional eater and it's always an emotional time with little ones around!
Hope you are hanging in there...... I've been doing this just under 4 weeks now - and am expecting my hump days soon!!

Adele
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjZKRc1/]
Adele001

Postby Katydid » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:49 am

Debbie, Hope you are feeling better this morning. While I don't have children, I do have a very stubborn dog and I find 4% hydrogen peroxide works wonders on urine, blood and poop stains. As for the Cheerios, I remember from your previous blog that cold cereal is something of a draw for you. I have the same problem. It doesn't matter how bland it is - even something MWL legal and gluten-free like puffed rice - I can't not eat it if its in the cupboard. And I mean ALL of it. So cold cereal has gone the way of sliced bread in my house. If its not there I can't binge on it. Stay strong.
Kate
Katydid

Postby Loveskale » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Good to hear that you are feeling better! Thanks for stopping by my journal as well :)
Loveskale

Postby sksamboots » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

hope you feel better. Chili sounds good. Maybe you can get some canned beans or something. Keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby sksamboots » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 am

Get some rest Deb :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling bad :-(

I like to keep lentils around in case I forgot to soak beans, they do not require pre-soaking (Except du puy or fench lentils). I think Lentil chili would be interesting, I will have to try that.

I hope you feel better soon!
Loveskale

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 am

hey there, girl. You're plugging along. way to go!

and I'm sorry that your kids got so sick. Do you forego innoculations? We didn't have our kids shot, either, but they never did get sick. It's scary when they get something like that.

I'm glad you didn't end up with it, dear. Not fun AT ALL.

keep going. I'm rooting for ya!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Katydid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Debbie,
Time for some tough love. I'm reading some things in your last post that sound to me as if you're starting to set yourself up for failure this weekend. Maybe I'm wrong, but -
"One day we are visiting with family from out of state, which always means BBQ'ing. Another day we are visiting with family from southern cali, which always means take and bake pizza. "
Its the 'always' that bothers me. Why does a visit from family have to 'always' involve pizza or BBQ meats? A vegetarian pizza with a flour crust- even without cheese - and fake meats aren't part of the MWL program, and you committed to MWL for 30 days 'no exceptions'. I'm afraid to come back to this journal on Monday to an 'I blew it' story. Don't you do it!! If you want to bring some fake meats for your girls to grill on a BBQ, fine - but you bring a marinated portabella mushroom, a baked potato and some veggies wrapped in foil to throw on the grill (zukes, yellow squash, peppers, onion and asparagus all grill well). 'Winging it' is a set-up for disaster. Instead or a pizza, bring pizza potatoes to the take and bake pizza party. Show everyone that you that you really are committed to this lifestyle. Show them that its possible to divorce being with family from eating bad food. You have an opportunity for a great teaching moment here. Bring a cooler full of MWL friendly food - not vegan junk food - and who knows? Maybe someone will want to share it? I don't mean to be hard on you - I know you are doing your best. I'm just really really rooting for you to go the whole 30 days.
Kate
Katydid

Postby Loveskale » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm

It has always been my experience, and my friend's experience, that if you bring vegan food and don't say it's vegan, people will drool over it and quickly polish it off. I agree with Katy, bring lots of veggies to grill, and a vegetarian pizza ALWAYS impressed even though people think it wouldn't. The thing is, and remember, leave the word vegetarian out of it and people will be complimenting you for the "awesome food" all weekend! :)
Loveskale

Postby janluvs2heel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:19 pm

This is not her family, this is her hubby's family. They do not do vegan, barely even do a vegetable. Well, not her husband, but the others. Those potato pizzas, they would be good to take though, as an appetizer for the others & for you guys as your main meal.

She said she is going to eat before & I think she meant winging it with what her kids will eat & also for the kids the vegan meat for the barbecue. I think it is a good plan, but she is nervous because she has been doing well & doesnt want to get pulled off track.

You know, if I had $5.00 for every time I had gone somewhere & felt so bad because I hadn't lost weight or gained it no less, I would be pretty darn wealthy. Dont let that spoil your fun. It isn't anyone else's business but yours.

You will do fine, I know you will.

Love,

Mom
janluvs2heel

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals