ETeSelle's Journal 2010

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

ETeSelle's Journal 2010

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm a former McDougall success story (70 pounds lost) who then slid sloooowly off the wagon and gained it all back. I suck. :-( I'm vegan anyway, but there is SO MUCH vegan junk food out there, and my life got busy and blah blah blah.

Anyway I'm BACK on McDougall, so there. I've already lost 9 pounds and am working hard. At least I know I can do it since I did it before, right?

Meals today:

B-fast: Oatmeal w/ apples and cinnamon
Lunch: McDougall black bean soup; carrots and celery; apple
Dinner: steamed broccoli; Yukon gold potatoes, smashed and cooked in a TINY bit of PAM (my cookware just won't let me do it any other way, but it's minimal fat).
Last edited by ETeSelle on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Re: ETeSelle's Journal 2010

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 am

Today I'm eating:

B-fast: oatmeal w/ peaches
Lunch: McDougall Split Pea soup, carrots, celery
Snack: apple
Dinner: Not sure yet. Probably brown rice with black beans and Braggs', and a salad of tomatoes and cucumber (no dressing)
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby sksamboots » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Glad your here....Look forward to hearing about your journey :-)
sksamboots

Postby AranMC » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Good to see you came back home to us...
Yep, you can do it again and this time will be easier..

*hug*

Aran
"It's not a Diet, It's a Way of Life!"

AranMC

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah, it feels good so far. My main problem is that it is VERY hard for me to do formal exercise right now. I have 2 jobs and a 1.5 hour a day roundtrip commute to the first one; the second one is a LOT of driving. The second one results in a lot of hard work-I'm a barefoot hoof trimmer, which is hard physical labor a lot of times! But I only trim 2 days a week. I've tried getting up early and walking, but since I live in the boonies that means 4 a.m. :eek: And, well, that just isn't gonna happen most of the time. It's already way too hot to walk after work, and if I stay in town to go to the gym I get home way late--I have barn chores, etc. to do.

I think I just need to lose some weight so I feel comfy riding again. Contrary to popular belief :wink: riding really IS good exercise, esp. the way I ride (dressage). But right now I just feel too fat to ride, and haven't for the last year +. My mare is perfectly happy about THAT, LOL, but I need to get back to it.

Anyway . . . thanks for the supportive words!
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby AranMC » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 am

Sounds to me like you're getting enough exercise with everything you're doing..lol
Oh Dressage, I loved watching that... it's so beautiful... Okay, what's a barefoot hoof trimmer?? It sounds so weird..lol

*hug*

Aran
"It's not a Diet, It's a Way of Life!"

AranMC

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:12 am

AranMC wrote:Sounds to me like you're getting enough exercise with everything you're doing..lol
Oh Dressage, I loved watching that... it's so beautiful... Okay, what's a barefoot hoof trimmer?? It sounds so weird..lol

Just what it sounds like--no shoes. Horses trimmed as mother nature intended them to be, with no iron on their feet and a supportive barefoot trim. :)

I'm going to try to get in a few walks during the week until I feel that I've lost enough weight to get back to riding. I burn TONS of cals on the weekends, but until recently I was stopping at Qdoba or Quiznos too often, too. It's amazing how much fattening vegan stuff is out there these days. <sigh>
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby proverbs31woman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:52 pm

ETeSelle,

Welcome back! Yes, it does sound like you're getting a lot of exercise. I've been having some trouble getting to the gym...laziness, mostly, but the program makes it so much easier to lose weight without exercising. You may want to get lost some weight so that you can get back to riding and do your exercise that way. I wouldn't worry about exercise in the beginning.

And you're right about the vegan junk foods...they are definitely out there.
proverbs31woman

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Saturday:
b-fast: oatmeal with raisins
lunch: McDougall soup, salad made from tomatoes, cukes, and broccoli w/ balsamic vinegar
dinner: Lentils and bulgar (recipe from recipe forum). It was GREAT!

Sunday (on the road trimming)
b-fast: oatmeal with raisins [Note: Need to eat more on trimming days--almost passed out while trimming a horse, LOL!!]
lunch: Subway veggie sandwich (no cheese or dressing of course); apple
snack: carrots and celery, another apple
dinner: smashed Yukon gold potatoes with tomatoes, okra, and black beans (yummy!). Added a little balsamic while it was cooking, plus garlic.

TODAY:
B-fst: oatmeal and raisins (I really do LIKE it, LOL)
Lunch: Forgot to bring it so I got plain salad (greens, tomatoes, cukes, and carrots) and a roasted corn and black bean salad at the cafeteria and combined them. Pretty good!
Dinner (planned): WW pasta w/ marinara sauce, portobello mushrooms added
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am

Tuesday:
b-fast: oatmeal and brown rice w/ apples and cinnamon
lunch: Qboda naked veggie burrito with no cheese or s. cream, small amount of black beans, and my own brown rice from home. TONS of lettuce, salsa, and corn stuff on it.
dinner: lentils and brown rice
snack: apple, carrots

Today:
b-fast: oatmeal and brown rice w/ apples and cinnamon
lunch: leftover lentils and brown rice, carrots, celery sticks
dinner: WW pasta with canned okra/tomatoes and garbanzo beans
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:53 am

Today:
B-fast: smashed Yukon gold taters, pan "fried"
Lunch: Jason's salad bar-just veggies and beans, with balsamic vinegar. Since I got it to go I got 2 little containers as well, which I filled up w/ grape tomatoes and carrots for snacks later on!
Dinner: Lentils and veggies on brown rice
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 am

Today:
B-fast: oatmeal, brown rice, and apples
Lunch: McDougall Split Pea soup (this is my fave soup of all time!) and mixed fruit (fresh, cut up)
Dinner: Brown rice with black beans and kale
Last edited by ETeSelle on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 am

WEEKEND
SAT:
B-fast: oatmeal, brown rice, and peaches
Lunch: veggie sushi and miso soup (dining out)
Dinner: veg barley soup (from MWL book)

SUN (was on the road trimming all day):
B-fast: hashbrowns with onions and peppers in my new TRULY non-stick skillet!
Lunch: leftover veg barley soup (it was very thick and stew-like so I was able to take it in a cooler and eat it on the road)
Snacks (desperately needed when trimming in 95F heat!): 2 apples, carrots, celery (and TONS of water!)
Dinner: Brown rice, black eyed peas, corn and mushroom stew (Thank GOD you can eat as much as you want on McD as long as it's approved food--I was so hungry after trimming 10 donkeys and 5 horses that I felt weak until I'd eaten a ton of this!]

TODAY
B-fast: oatmeal and br. rice with peaches and raisins
Lunch: carrots and fruit salad (plain). Forgot my McDougall lunch again and had to make due at the cafeteria! Darnit!!
Dinner (planned): The last of the barley veg soup with some other stuff added (b/c it's not enough)
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 am

Today:
B-fast: hashbrowns w/ onion and pepper
Lunch: Qdoba naked veggie burrito (no cheese, SC, or guac, of course; brought my own brown rice)
Dinner: Lentils and rice (with onions, mushrooms, and dandelion greens)[/quote]
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 am

Today:
B-fast: Leftover lentils and rice (with onions, mushrooms, and dandelion greens)
Lunch: McDougall split pea soup; carrots and celery
Snack: Apple
Dinner: MORE leftover lentils and rice! Good thing I love that stuff. ;)
Elizabeth
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

ETeSelle

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals