abdominal muscle wall pain after eating gluten

Post gluten-free topics here. Read McDougall's thoughts in his Sept. 2005 newsletter: Could It Be Celiac Disease?

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve

abdominal muscle wall pain after eating gluten

Postby blue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Has anyone experienced this? My pain is not gastric/intestinal--my reaction to gluten seems to be severe muscle spasms and inflammation in the ab muscles, particularly the obliques from ribs to pelvic bone as well as pelvic muscles just below the lower ab.
Thanks, Blue
Sept 2011-began PB diet to avoid steroid treatment for polymyalgia rheumatica. Back on program 2-24-14..Start weight-135 lbs BMI-21.6, current-128 lbs/ BMI 20.7
blue

Re: abdominal muscle wall pain after eating gluten

Postby kittyadventures » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 am

I haven't had that but I do get leg cramps... I used to think they were some lack of something but really they seem to be tied to the gluten.
No Gluten no shin cramps and charlie horses... eat gluten get horrible shin cramps and charlie horses.
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby nicoles » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Blue, I am not a doctor, so take my opinion with salt, but it might be a good idea to experiment with going gluten-free for a time to see if that helps your PR.
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Nicole's Psoriatic Arthritis Journal
nicoles

Postby blue » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks, Kitty and Nicoles. I've been mostly avoiding gluten and this pain came on after eating gluten after several pain free gluten free weeks. I don't plan to eat it again anytime soon!
Sept 2011-began PB diet to avoid steroid treatment for polymyalgia rheumatica. Back on program 2-24-14..Start weight-135 lbs BMI-21.6, current-128 lbs/ BMI 20.7
blue

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Well welcome to the forum... and to a starch based diet... IT is actually the best way to eat if you are gluten sensitive... I can't even begin to describe how removing the gluten has made such a wonderful difference in my life.

I used to get these horrible stop you in your tracks and no moving at all not a fingr for a minute until the cramp passed.

IT is so wonderful to not have that happen any more.. and then teh bloating and the itching and I could go on and on.

And then there is the fluctuating back and forth between diareah and constipation...(I love the way that is all gone) i love a smooth trip to the bathroom. (I know TMI)
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Postby blue » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Thanks for the welcome :) and for sharing your positve experience since excluding gluten from your diet. It helps a lot to know that others are being helped with this diet--makes my commitment to it stronger than ever. I'm loving my new way of eating, it feels very clean and like the right thing for my body.

It's amazing the myriad of ways these food intolerances show up!
blue

Return to Gluten-free Issues