April 2012!! MWL Weight Loss Group: No Excuses Month

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

April 2012!! MWL Weight Loss Group: No Excuses Month

Postby Debbie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 am

Here we are at month 4! The month where excuses usually start in. First it's Easter, then a whole slew of "friends" pile up and before you know it, April is over and done with and we ain't got nothing to show for it.

So I named this months thread the No Excuses Month!!! Everyone has done so incredibly awesome this year. We've got some huge losses going on. I am happy I changed the way the tally is run. In some small way, I think it motivated all of us to try much harder to not have gains. But even if there were a gain, because it's removed from the tally right away, your loss counts the very next weigh in! Very motivating I think.

For me personally, I feel like I have this thing down now. Finally. But it also seems like a lot of us who've been around for a while have this thing down now. Some just do it right right off the bat. Some sputter along the way for a while. Then yet others, like me, do great then get so far off course, that it takes a while to find the path again and then find that path has different pot holes than before. It takes a lot to figure out the pot holes are not the same. But I believe we will all get there.

So, let's hear it for a great month of NO EXCUSES!!! We can do it and all have a great time too. Bring on April.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Re: April 2012!! MWL Weight Loss Group: No Excuses Month

Postby kkrichar » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:42 am

This group is inspiring. Congratulations to all the successes this week and all the dedication. I will weigh-in on the 28th and I'm super excited to see what a month off the scale will look like. Right now I'm enjoying the reward of following the plan without expecting anything else out of it. I think it's an important step for me toward finally making this WOE a permanent, consistent, every day way of life. What has really helped has been seeing all the successes here. I know if I follow this plan, as it is written, I will be successful. I don't need to worry that daily weight monitoring is required. You have all shown me to just believe.

Thanks everyone!!!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby Heather1969 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 am

[quote][I know if I follow this plan, as it is written, I will be successful. I don't need to worry that daily weight monitoring is required. You have all shown me to just believe./quote]

Hi, I am new though I have been "struggling with this WOE also about a month or so. I will also weigh in at the end of the month and see how I have done. Thanks everyone for the inspiration.
Heather
Heather1969

Postby Rosey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:39 pm

I started eating this way 4/10/11 so I'm almost at my year anniversary of being healthier. WOOT!!!
Rosey

Postby Vola » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 pm

This is exactly what I need right now. This past week has been both spring break (from work) and my wedding anniversary, so things have been a bit more lax in the eating and exercising department. Now: No excuses!!
Vola

Postby Kevtrane » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 am

My GF and I started the MWL plan yesterday (4/1) and are comitted to doing it for all of April. I love the idea of April being "No Excuses" month. Every month has its challenges and April is no exception but the ultimate decision of what I put in my mouth falls on me, no exceptions. I see that there is some comment about how the tally is run? Is that our own personal tally or there a group tally which is tracked somewhere? Also how often are people weighing themselves? We are trying not to be obsessed with the scale so we decided to put our scale away for 21 days and just focus on staying on the program then hopefully if all goes well we will have some significant weightloss to share.

Is there anything I need to do to join the group, is there a secret handshake that I need to be shown?
Kevtrane

Postby Debbie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 am

Kevtrane wrote:My GF and I started the MWL plan yesterday (4/1) and are comitted to doing it for all of April. I love the idea of April being "No Excuses" month. Every month has its challenges and April is no exception but the ultimate decision of what I put in my mouth falls on me, no exceptions. I see that there is some comment about how the tally is run? Is that our own personal tally or there a group tally which is tracked somewhere? Also how often are people weighing themselves? We are trying not to be obsessed with the scale so we decided to put our scale away for 21 days and just focus on staying on the program then hopefully if all goes well we will have some significant weightloss to share.

Is there anything I need to do to join the group, is there a secret handshake that I need to be shown?

Yes, every month has its own issues. What Ive found from personal experience and watching the weigh ins, April usually starts excuses. Even though Valentines day is the first realy candy holiday of the year, usually peoples resolves are high from starting the new year. But by Easter the resolve has lessened a bit. Plus its about more than just candy.

In any event, when I do the tally, everyone reports what theyve lost for the week/bi week/month. Just the pounds lost. The comment I made was because sometimes just the weights are reported and I have to go back and find the previous weigh in wieght. Its no biggie, unless too many start doing it, then its overwhelming. Most report not only their personal weights, but also pounds lost.

And nope, no secret handshake. Really you dont even have to be on MWL plan to join the weigh ins. You just have to follow McDougall's plan....obviously. Other than that, no rules. Report when you want. Some do it weekly, some monthly.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby km23 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Ok, I want to join in! I started MWL on 3/14/12 and have lost 25.2 lbs! I feel great. I "officially weigh in on Mondays, although this next week will be Tuesday, since we are going out of town.
-Katey
Started McDougall (MWL) on 3/14/12 (at 316.4 lbs).
Highest weight ever: 327 (fall of 2011)
Also aspartame free (except for an occasional piece of gum) since 3/14/12!
5'9" tall, 44 years old.
Progress photos: http://changes23.blogspot.com/
km23

Postby LauraA » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 am

I stayed the same this week, and didn't weigh in last week. I've done ok through travel and company, but I need to buckle down! Take care, LauraA
Jan 6- down 5 pounds
Jan 13-down 3 pounds
Jan 20- down 2 pounds
Jan 27-out of town
Feb 3-out of town
Feb 10-out of town
Feb 17th- stayed the same
Feb 24th - down 1 pound
March 2 - down 1 pound
March 9 - stayed the same
March 16 - down 2 pounds
March 23-stayed the same (lots of house guests and eating out)
March 30- out of town
April 6 - stayed the same
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby nomikins » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 am

I think I'll jump back in on a monthly basis. That being said, I lost 11.9 pounds last month. :D

See you in May....
nomikins

Postby kirstykay » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 am

Debbie,
Thanks for the great motivation this month! ...NO EXCUSES!!! I love it! I think you're absolutely right, it's a perfect time to keep our "excuses" in check and stay the course. I love this group and how motivating and encouraging everyone is! I especially love that we can all go at our own pace, weigh in as often as it works for each of us, and be here for one another wherever we are on this journey!

Everyone is doing so great!!!

I am happy to report that I met my Easter goal of getting to my 100 pounds lost!!!! :D :D There have been days along this long journey that I didn't ever know if I would see it, but here I am, and I couldn't be happier!! Thanks to everyone who encouraged and inspired me. I know for a fact that I couldn't have done it without each one of you...And, of course, THANK YOU, DR. McDOUGALL for giving me the tools to get my life back!!!

I'm not done yet, but this is a major milestone!!!

1/06/12: 189.0
1/13/12: 186.6
1/20/12: 183.4
1/27/12: 181.4
2/03/12: 183.0
2/10/12: 180.8
2/17/12: 177.4
2/24/12: 172.0
3/02/12: 169.8
3/09/12: 168.8
3/16/12: 164.0
3/23/12: 158.2
3/30/12: 157.8
4/06/12: 155.4 :nod:

Here's to a month of NO EXCUSES!!! Let's DO this THING!!!!!

"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Rosey » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 am

1lb down this week 251lbs now. not to much longer before I'm below my 250's woot.
Rosey

Postby Quinoamania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:32 am

kirstykay wrote:I am happy to report that I met my Easter goal of getting to my 100 pounds lost!!!! :D

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! Major milestone indeed -- I have over 30 pounds to go before I hit my hundred milestone, so if you don't mind, I will just keep reading about your progress to keep myself motivated. ;-)

Enjoy your hundred-pounds-lighter Easter!
Robin

McDougalling my way to health since 9 Feb 2012.

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” ― Abraham Lincoln
Quinoamania

Postby jubalgranma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 am

I like this month's theme No Excuses, I have lost .4 lbs. Happy Easter everyone. :)
jubalgranma

Postby LoriLynn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:57 am

I am ready for a new month! Here's where I am so far.

February 17th: 229
February 24th: 224
March 2: 222
March 9: 220
March 16: 217
March 23: 215
March 30: 214 (out of town and not near a scale)
April 6: 212 (going out of town again, so not expecting much next week) Down 2 pounds

I just got back from a wonderful weekend last week in SF. I had the chance to meet Vanilla Orchid and Jim Brown (from the discussion boards) and their spouses. It was such a great time and I stayed pretty close to the regular program when we went out to eat at the Millennium.
LoriLynn

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program