Your reasons for McDougalling

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: other knitters????

Postby Pumpkin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:00 am

Mrs. Doodlepunk wrote:I'm Laura, and I'm a Knitter. :oops:

Heh... Knitter's Anonymous! Maybe Groundhog will repost the link to that funny video showing knitting as an addiction. I am busy making scarves for Christmas presents these days. Not very exciting knitting, but I love the wide, thick, long scarves coming off my needles. Hope the recipients do too!

By the way, for those troubled by tendencies to eat mindlessly, out of boredom more than hunger, knitting is a great way to keep hands/mind busy in the evening. I usually watch TV (Spanish language as I'm working on my Spanish), or listen to radio or tapes while the needles click along.

How about you other knitters?

Pumpkin
Pumpkin

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:38 am

I think maybe I've seen that video! Is it the one where a young guy is talking about knitting? Then, there is that animated one where the woman is sitting in a chair knitting a scarf and it flies off the end of the cliff..... and she ends up knitting her hair into it and gets sucked off the cliff. If I had the link to that I'd post it. It is probably on YouTube.

I need to really get going on mittens. Our local shop is having a charity mitten workshop that I'm sort of teaching and it is so much fun. You are right, knitting really has potential to keep one knitting rather than eating, but at the shop there are always cookies and flavored coffees.... maybe I'll take along some McDougall snacks next time.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Pumpkin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:56 am

Mrs. Doodlepunk wrote:I think maybe I've seen that video! Is it the one where a young guy is talking about knitting? Then, there is that animated one where the woman is sitting in a chair knitting a scarf and it flies off the end of the cliff..... and she ends up knitting her hair into it and gets sucked off the cliff. If I had the link to that I'd post it. It is probably on YouTube.

It may have been the one with the younger guy, and an older guy in a funny disguise brings him yarn in a plain brown paper bag... as if it was something illicit/illegal. I haven't seen the one with the cliff! There are sure some funny videos on YouTube!

Good luck with the mittens. I'm going to move to socks, myself, after I finish all the scarves.

Pumpkin
Pumpkin

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:59 am

Oh, no, I'll have to go find the brown bag one! That sounds cute.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby groundhogg » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 am

Pumpkin reminds me that I am not up-to-date on Christmas gift planning, which probably means no knitting gifts for Christmas this year...I just don't know if there'll be time! Well, maybe a handful of dishcloths/matching candles for some people...I can do that pretty fast. I saw the same dishcloths at a little Legend of Sleepy Hollow type Halloween thing we went to the other night, for sale for 3 bucks each...WOW! I'm sure they don't use more than about 25 cents' worth yarn, if that much...and they take about a couple hours each to knit...I think...usually I'm either watcing something on TV or engaged somehow in something else while knitting these things.

I crocheted a teddy bear (my first!) during the summer as a gift to a great neice...I've got another poor old bear startted who has been waiting a REALLY long time for his left arm and both legs...he's starting to argue that point with me, as he's sitting where we are face-to-face across the room where I spend most of my time at home...remember that movie with Tom Hanks about the guy who was lost on some remote tropical island after a Fedex plan crash/???? Anyway, this bear, minus an arm and two legs, but full of face, facial expression, and LOUD personality, is starting to remind me of Wilson, the volley ball with all the personaltiy in that movie...I don't know if he'll be ready for anybody by Christmas or not, but I'm thinking of naming him Wilson, for now. He bugs me with those annoying looks..."Where's my other arm...what about my legs!!!!" :lol:

I think I'd like to join a local knitters' group, just to stay motivated with my projects and force myself to make time for them, but they meet on an evening that groundhubby is home...he works two evenings per week...so I hate to burn up an otherwise good evening...I wish it would coordinate with when he works late.

Anyhow...the video I linked to one time was depicting knitting as an addicition that takes over your life and makes you kinda nuts...but the other one sounds very interesting...if someone wants to post it one day!
groundhogg

Previous

Return to The Lounge