--

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

--

Postby ahrat » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 pm

=-
Last edited by ahrat on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahrat

Re: Effects of Diet and Acne

Postby IndyAnna » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Congrats, glad you figured out your triggers. Mine ar the hogh fat plant foods; nuts, seeds, avocados. I can eat a little but too much and my skin will show it
IndyAnna

Postby BroccoliForever » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:45 am

Thank you so much for your post. My 21-year-old step-son has battled with the same acne problems for years. I shared with him (years ago) how dairy is linked to acne, especially in teenage males. I kindly suggested he remove all dairy from his diet for just one month. His reply was, "I'd rather put a stake through my heart.". What a shame. He is still taking ridiculously strong prescription drugs in an attempt to control his acne. But, until he has had enough, he will continue to struggle.

I'm thrilled for you that you not only made the connection, but also had the maturity and tenacity to follow through with your diet changes.

Great leadership on your part!
BroccoliForever

Postby faithslanding » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:16 am

It really is amazing how diet effects us!! Now if I could just find out my sure~fire triggers! :rolleyes: lol I don't eat dairy, fats, animals, or wheat or oats!!! But sometimes I think pineapple, tomatoes, and maybe even others cause lil skin problems.. Is that possible? I know I break out from bananas :cry: Do you find you are allergic to certain fruits or veggies too??? Just curious?? :shock:
faithslanding

Postby Lasko77 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing this. I am always babbling on and on about my bad skin. I bet you heard me talk about it before. I have been strggling with my skin for 20 years. The only time it was really clear was when I was on Tazorac in my mid-20s. I had to come off of it due to pregnancy. I am trying to control it with diet and I am having a hard time. I do notice that dairy is a huge culprit. Again, thanks for sharing!
Lasko77

Postby bamcy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks for the wonderful post :-D , i want to know the kind of fruits and food to be eating for a good diet.
bamcy

Return to The Lounge