shampoo

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: shampoo

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:17 am

hi daffodil

I've cut my own hair for years :) But I have short hair, and don't bother styling it. Just wash, rub it with a towel, and let it dry. Sometimes a little low-level gel for texture. If I had to feather it or create layers or anything...faggeddaboudit...but as it is, I save 15 bucks every six weeks by cutting it my own self. and right now I'm growing it out, so I'm only trimming my bangs.

what part of Utah were you visiting?
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Kyon » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 am

I washed with the baking soda and acv day before yesterday. Last night the hair was looking a little grungy but not too bad. This AM I washed up and just used warm water to cleanse my hair(gave it a good rinsing and massaged my scalp). After blow drying, it looks good as new. Tomorrow/late tonight I will use the baking soda and acv again.
Kyon

Postby Daffodil » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:34 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:hi daffodil

I've cut my own hair for years :) But I have short hair, and don't bother styling it. Just wash, rub it with a towel, and let it dry. Sometimes a little low-level gel for texture. If I had to feather it or create layers or anything...faggeddaboudit...but as it is, I save 15 bucks every six weeks by cutting it my own self. and right now I'm growing it out, so I'm only trimming my bangs.

what part of Utah were you visiting?

My hair was below my shoulders which is how I like it, but now it's above my shoulders thanks to the "scissor happy hairdresser in a trance."
We were visiting St.George. We like to go out there every few months just to visit the town we lived in for 6 years before moving out here to Las Vegas. I keep forgetting to avoid the hair salons while I am there. I had a moment of insanity when I let them do my hair. I had a dream last night that I was there again and one of them was trying to fix my hair, make it all even again, but they went so short that I fainted. lol
-Amy in NV
-------------
Daffodil

Postby LJ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:55 am

You can go on vitacost.com and search for just about any natural shampoo. You can read the ingredients and also reviews. I love that website!

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Previous

Return to The Lounge