Three Bean Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Chill: At least an hour
This is a very fast and easy salad. Great to have on hand in your refrigerator for a quick snack. It also packs well so it is easy to take with you to work. This can be made as mild or as spicy as you like it by changing the kind of salsa used.
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small, mild, sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, mild, medium, or hot
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
Combine beans and vegetables in a large bowl. Place the salsa in a small container, then add the lime juice and chili powder. Stir or shake to combine. Pour over the bean mixture and toss to mix. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.