Prep: 20 minutes Chill: 2 hours
By Tiffany Hobson
This delightful salad (pronounced she-raw-zee) is a staple in the hot summer months in Iran because of its light, cool and refreshing taste.
- 6 large firm tomatoes, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, diced (optional)
- 2 tsp white or red wine vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Mix ingredients again and salt to taste before serving, if desired. This dish tastes even better when its been refrigerated for 24 hours.