Roasted Tomato and Cannellini Bean Pasta
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
By Heather McDougall
This recipe is so easy to put together and can easily be doubled. I serve this with sauteed kale. I like this dish with a lot of garlic, but you can adjust this as you wish. I used cannellini beans in a box, but you can use a 15.5-ounce can as well.
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock or water
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 13.4 ounce box cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. In a medium pot, saute garlic in vegetable stock or water over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in beans and tomatoes and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Add pasta and serve.