- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 large firm red potatoes, boiled and chunked
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
Place 1/2 cup of the broth in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and the remaining broth and cook an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, spinach, soy sauce and cumin. Cook and stir until heated through and spinach has softened slightly. Season with a dash or two of Tabasco sauce, if desired.
Hint: Serve this plain, or with salsa. Roll it up in a tortilla for something different. This keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats well.