Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup prune puree
- 1 tbsp egg replacer mixed in 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilies (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Mix the non-dairy milk, corn kernels and fat replacer together in another bowl. Combine the egg replacer and water and mix with a whisk until frothy. Add to wet ingredients and mix. Stir in the chilies, if desired.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Do not over-mix. Pour into a non-stick square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.