- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 28 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow crookneck squash, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup cold water
Place the onion, garlic and bell pepper in a large pot with the vegetable broth. Cook and stir until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, and beans. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add the corn and seasonings, except for the cornstarch mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Hint: If you have some fresh herbs in your garden, use those in place of the dried. Substitute 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano.