Mexican Bean Soup
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
This is an easy soup that anyone can put together with very little effort for delicious results! The optional chipotle powder adds a smoky flavor and a bit more heat to the soup.
- 32 ounce box vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-14.5 ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
Place 1/4 cup of the broth in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cumin and oregano and stir for another minute. Then add the remaining broth, corn, beans, tomatoes and chipotle powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.