Prep: 20 minutes Chill: 2 hours
Last month I told you about our wonderful chef at the new McDougall Program in Santa Rosa, CA. This gazpacho was the perfect opener to a delicious meal of veggie burgers and baked beans. During the summer we all look for quick and easy meals that don't take much time in the kitchen, yet are satisfying and filling.
- 32 ounce jar low-sodium V-8 juice
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Combine all ingredients, except cilantro, in a large container with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.