Breakfast Potatoes and Vegetables
5 minutes in a pressure cooker
By Jill Nussinow
This is so fast and easy in the pressure cooker. Use whatever vegetables are fresh, and add them according to how long they take to cook.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 small potatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari (optional)
- any spice or spice blend that you like
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups vegetables, such as carrots, cabbage, squash, broccoli, etc.
Add the onion to the pressure cooker and saute for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, tofu, tamari and spices. Saute for a minute. Add the broth and lock the lid on the cooker. Bring to high pressure over high heat for 1 1/2 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Add the vegetables and more broth, if necessary, and bring back to high pressure for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, depending upon which vegetables you add. When time is up, quick release the pressure and serve immediately.