Costa Rican Vegetable Salad
Prep: 15 minutes
We just returned from a fantastic week in Costa Rica on a McDougall Adventures vacation. They prepared many delicious vegetable salads while we were there using hearts of palm. This is a variation on one of those salads.
- 14 ounce can hearts of palm, drained, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to mix. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.