Quinoa and Navy Bean Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Chill: 2 hours (optional)
- 15 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp green chilies, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add quinoa, cover, and simmer about 10-15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro, and green onions. Stir in beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and chilies. Add cooled quinoa, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hint: Use any kind of bean that you like in this recipe.