Prep: 15 minutes Chill: 2 hours
By Heather McDougall
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- dash salt
- dash or two Tabasco sauce (optional)
Combine beans and vegetables in a bowl. Add lemon juice and cilantro. Mix well. Chill for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Taste and season with a dash of salt, if desired. Add Tabasco sauce to taste. Serve cold.
Use a variety of bell peppers, if desired, or use all one kind. This makes a delicious salad for lunch for several days.