Baked Oatmeal Casserole
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 20 minutes
This is a great recipe to make the night before, then just heat in the oven for a rich and hearty breakfast.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup rice milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, currants, or chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 box oil-free, whole-grain cereal, crushed
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice or apple juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Combine all the oatmeal ingredients in a sauce pot and simmer, on low heat, until done, about 6 minutes. Pour into a casserole dish and top with the crushed cereal. Cover and refrigerate until morning.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until the cereal is just starting to turn brown. While the casserole is baking, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Serve the sauce over the hot oatmeal casserole (the sauce may be heated if you prefer).