- 5 large red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup oil-free Italian dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Drop the potatoes into boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over the potatoes and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Hint: This may also be made with cubed potatoes instead of sliced. Cook the potatoes a bit longer (maybe 15-20 minutes) until they are just fork tender.