- 4 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 4 1/2 cups steamed fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup oil-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic or rice vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 small red onion
Measure 3/4 of the potato and set aside. Combine the remaining potato with the green beans. Pour the oil-free dressing and vinegar over them, mix well, and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Place the reserved 3/4 cup of potato in a blender with the garlic. Process briefly and add small amounts of water until the mixture has a paste like consistency. (The texture will vary depending on how soft the potato is.) Remove from the blender and place in a bowl. Stir in the pepper to taste along with the cilantro and onion. Stir this mixture into the beans and potato. Chill before serving.