Confetti Pepe Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Chill: 2 hours
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked Acini de Pepe pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fat free Italian dressing
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- dash Tabasco sauce
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and place in mixing bowl. Combine dressing and soy sauce and set aside.
Combine cooked pasta with vegetables. Pour dressing over and mix well. Season with pepper and Tabasco. Chill before serving.
Hint: Acini de pepe is a very small pasta that looks like a large couscous. It can be found in most supermarkets. This is one of my favorite salads. I very often double the recipe because it keeps well in the refrigerator. The fat free dressing may be varied according to your own tastes.