Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 large onions, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- several twists of freshly ground pepper
Place 1/2 cup of broth in a larger soup pot. Add the onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
Hint: Serve with a hearty loaf of bread. Or make some whole wheat croutons to float in the soup.