Spicy Green Beans with Shallots, Garlic, and Ginger
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
By Vicki Brett-Gauch
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallots and saute for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add a bit of water or broth to avoid sticking to the pan as needed. Once they start to brown, add the garlic and jalapeno, and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
Add all of the green beans to the hot pan, along with the ginger and Braggs or soy sauce. Turn down the heat to medium, and stir frequently until the beans are well coated with the sauce, and the beans become just tender-crisp. Remove from heat. Season to taste, and serve immediately.