Tofu Cream Cheese
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 1 minute Chill: 2 hours
Serves:Makes 2 cups
This is a rich and creamy sandwich spread.
- 1 pound firm tofu (not silken)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup radish, finely chopped
Place the tofu in a saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Drain.
Place the tofu in a double thickness of cheesecloth and draw the ends together forming a sack. Twist gently, squeezing out all the water.
Place the tofu in a food processor with the lemon juice, onion powder and garlic powder.
Process until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.