Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Place 3 1/2 cups of broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce heat and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place remaining 1/2 cup of broth in a large non-stick frying pan. Add onions, broccoli, zucchini, corn and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add soy sauce and spinach. Cook about 3 minutes. Combine the rice and vegetable mixture. Season with fresh ground pepper.