Mary's Mushroom Stroganoff
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 12 ounce package fettuccini
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh oyster mushrooms, fresh
- dash cayenne
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in 1 cup cold water
- freshly ground black pepper
Place the water and onions in a large non-stick frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are slightly limp. Add remaining ingredients, except for the cornstarch mixture. Mix. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, cook and stir until thickened. Season with fresh ground pepper to taste.
Put a large pot of water on to boil. When boiling, drop in the fettuccini and cook according to package directions.
Serve mushroom mixture over fettuccini.