Yeast Free Diet for vegans

A place to get your questions answered from expert dietitian Jeff Novick, RD

Moderators: JeffN, Heather McDougall, carolve

Yeast Free Diet for vegans

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Jeff and everyone,

I'm Diane and I am starting a yeast free diet. I am a vegan and really nervous about this.

I am supposed to avoid eating the following for one month:

Cant have fruit for two weeks, I can't eat any wheat, breads, tortillas or sprouted breads or tortillas, rice, flour, cereal, grains, sugar, mushrooms, potatos, carrots, sweet potato, corn, rye, millet and barley. No sugar or artificial sweeteners, no soft drinks or alcohol, no vinegar accept apple cider vinegar, no vegetable shortening or margarine, no pasta, no soy milks or almond milk, no tofu or processed soy products. So as you can see, my diet will be VERY limited.

Would you PLEASE offer a few suggestions as to what I can eat at meals? That would be a TREMENDOUS help and so appreciated :D !

Thanks a bunch!!!

Diane

healing_wind@hotmail.com
Passion for Healthy Eating
Diane

Re: Yeast Free Diet for vegans

Postby JeffN » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 am

Diane wrote:Hi Jeff and everyone,

I'm Diane and I am starting a yeast free diet. I am a vegan and really nervous about this.

I am supposed to avoid eating the following for one month:

Hi Diane

Welcome.

Would you be willing to share why you have been recommended or are wanting to follow such a program?

Understanding that, would help me to decide how I would answer you question.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Why the yeast free diet?

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 am

Hi again,

Thanks for your replies. The reason I need to be on a yeast free diet is because I have Candida. I should have mentiones that...sorry.

I am very concerned because I have to avoid lots of foods that I usually eat often. I need help with not just foods I can eat, but combination of foods I can eat at each meal. For instance: what should I eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? HELP! :?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge to help another kindred spirit :)!

Diane
Passion for Healthy Eating
Diane

Postby Adrienne » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Diane

I thought this link may be of interest to you

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/ ... 800pro.htm
Adrienne

Re: Why the yeast free diet?

Postby JeffN » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 am

Diane wrote:The reason I need to be on a yeast free diet is because I have Candida. I should have mentioned that...sorry.

Thanks.

The restrictions recommended above for you are not the ones I would be recommending.

I would recommend that you look into the Maximum Weight Loss and/or Mary's Mini for the next 21-90 days. These will help you focus on the important core issues of the program.

In addition,

Dramatically reduce the intake of and/or eliminate all refined concentrated sugars/sweeteners

Dramatically reduce the intake of and/or eliminate all refined carbohydrates/grains/cereals, even if they are whole grain. Stick to intact whole grains and/or starches and starchy vegetables.

The recommendations (as adjusted) above to eliminate

"breads, tortillas or sprouted breads or tortillas, flour, sugar, artificial sweeteners, no soft drinks or alcohol, no vegetable shortening or margarine, no pasta, no soy milks or almond milk, no tofu or processed soy products" for the time period are fine. :)

The rest are not necessary, though you may personally find eliminating gluten may also help, which is found in wheat, rye, barley, and most oats.

Eliminating unhealthy products from your life may seem limiting at first but and, as you will find, it is really freeing. There are 100s if not 1000s of new varieties of foods, and recipes to go with them, they you can learn about here at the website and other places.

Keep us posted.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby boardn10 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi Jeff, where is the info or guidelines on this diet? I see the forum but not the guidelines. Thanks.
boardn10

Postby JeffN » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:07 pm

boardn10 wrote:Hi Jeff, where is the info or guidelines on this diet? I see the forum but not the guidelines. Thanks.

Hey Rich,

Here you go!

http://www.fatfree.com/diets/mcdougall.html

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/ ... ushing.htm

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD