Cron o Meter

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cron o Meter

Postby Golden Ghost » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:27 pm

I just want to make sure how to properly add my morning shake to the program. Due I need to find out the nutritional value of each item, add them up then enter them in the “create new food program”?
And what do I put for the “Energy” part and how do I tell the difference between sugar and starch under the carbs?
Also, I notice if I use the Cron o Meter to look up ground flax seed it will give the fat content but not the omega 3 content or any vitamins. So I use another program to locate this.
And what should I put for the macro nutrients. I assume the fat would be 10% but what about the protein and carbs?
Thanks.
Golden Ghost

Postby dlb » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:58 pm

What you want to do is add a new recipe - give it a name - add the ingredients & save. The program will do all the rest.

Donna
dlb

Postby Golden Ghost » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:32 pm

dlb wrote:What you want to do is add a new recipe - give it a name - add the ingredients & save. The program will do all the rest.

Donna

Thanks. That saved me a lot of time.
And what should I put for the macro nutrients. I assume the fat would be 10% but what about the protein and carbs?
Also, how do I go back a day and enter something in?
Golden Ghost

Return to Jeff Novick, RD