jeff n, are you a vegan?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

jeff n, are you a vegan?

Postby durianrider » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 am

you wrote that you yourself dont advocate a vegan diet, i was just curious cus i always thought you were vegan, but i guess i always assumed and should have asked before i assumed..my bad! :)
im a vegan and i cycle solo up to 515km in a day..
durianrider

Re: jeff n, are you a vegan?

Postby JeffN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:13 am

durianrider wrote:you wrote that dr mcdougall is not a vegan and that you yourself dont advocate a vegan diet, i was just curious cos i always thought you guys were vegan, but i guess i always assumed and should have asked before i assumed..my bad! :)

jeff n = jeff novich yeah? or have i had too much sun today :)

Greetings,

I have been a vegetarian since 1973 and a vegan since 1983. You can read more here..

http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7233

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/jan/novick.htm

A vegan/vegetarian (and/or raw) diet and/or lifestyle is in no way a statement of health. They are philosophies that tell you what someone does not eat and not what they do eat and what they do eat is often more important then what they don't eat.

As a health professional, I think it is a violation of professional ethics for me to "force" my view/philosophy on a patient or group. Veganism is a philosophy and not a guideline for optimal health.

As I always say, I am a health advocate (who happens to be a vegan), not a vegan advocate.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby durianrider » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:17 am

thanks for clarifying jeffn.
im a vegan and i cycle solo up to 515km in a day..
durianrider

Return to Jeff Novick, RD