Heart disease reversed

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Heart disease reversed

Postby SactoBob » Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Dr. McDougall and Dr. Esselstyn promise that heart disease can be reversed, and I am happy to say that I can confirm what they say.

As I posted earlier, I had a follow-up radioactive heart scan done today, and I had an appt. with the cardiologist immediately afterwards to discuss the results.

My last such test was in Jan of 2008. That showed a marked and large defect in one wall of a circumflex artery and another moderate defect. I experienced chest pain early on in the treadmill portion of that test, and had difficulty getting to the 85% of predicted max for my age of 62. I immediately went on 100% Esselstyn protocol and hired Jeff Novick as a personal coach.

Almost to the day I started the program, I have had no chest pain, even with exercise. I am off my cholesterol meds (e.g. ldl drop from 212 to 60), off my bp meds (today I was 110/75), and off my diabetes meds (my last A1C was somewhere around 6.0 I believe). I feel WAY BETTER in every way I can think of. But I was nervous about what today's test would show.

Today I had no pain on the treadmill, and took my heart rate to 160, which is over my predicted max - and I knew I had more. The large defect that showed last time is completely gone, and the other defect would now be classified as minor. The doctor would not go so far as to say that the results were normal, but said that they were only mildly abnormal. I could see that he was working hard to say that it was not normal - he does not want me to be feeling too confident (don't worry, I won't be celebrating with a milk shake). The reversal is large and obvious, and I am so pleased with that.

My thanks to Dr. Esselstyn, Jeff Novick, especially my wife, and all the friends here who have helped me change my lifestyle, which was definitely one of the hardest, although one of the most rewarding, things I have ever done. And special thanks to Dr. McDougall for pioneering this healing lifestyle and making this board available.

The only other thing I can think to say is YES! YES! YES!
Last edited by SactoBob on Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SactoBob

Postby Talyae » Tue May 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Well my first post ever on these boards will be to say CONGRATS! That's fantastic news.

~Tal
Talyae

Postby Pat » Tue May 05, 2009 3:07 pm

WOW.....CONGRATULATIONS. Your determination and hard work has paid off. You are certainly an example for all of us.

Thanks for sharing your story. Hope we'll continue to hear more from you.

Pat
Pat

Postby TwinB » Tue May 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Holy moley Bob, that's terrific!

I think your story should be told in a national publication, or better yet, you should be given a wider audience that that - maybe being on Oprah?

Would you mind if I send you a PM asking some specifics about your changed lifestyle, or maybe I should start a thread here so that those of us who are struggling can get a truckload of inspiration?

Job well done.
TwinB

Postby txveggie » Tue May 05, 2009 3:43 pm

That is good news indeed! Has your DR become a "believer" yet?
txveggie

Congrats SactoBob

Postby f1jim » Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Just one more example of the power of diet and lifestyle to restore health. SactoBob and I are walking proof that heart disease is the paper tiger Dr. Esselstyn refers to it as. Dr. McDougall has been saying this and demonstrating this healing for decades. It's just as valid today as it was in the 70's.
Excellent work and a job well done.
Savor it!!!!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby dlb » Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

That is fantastic news! Congratulations. And again, thanks for sharing.

Donna
dlb

Postby toadfood » Tue May 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow, Bob, congratulations on regaining your health! I know from reading your posts how hard you've worked and how committed you are to this program -- it has really paid off. You're an inspiration to us all.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Ladybug » Tue May 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Congratulations. You and Jim have both helped me come to some decisions about my own health,and the path I must follow Want to thank you both so much.
Ladybug

Postby somnolent » Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Congratulations, SactoBob! Keep up the good work!
somnolent

Postby momof4 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Great news!! :-D
momof4

Postby Jackie J » Tue May 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Congratulations - your story and your no-nonsense posts have been an inspiration. I look forward to reading what you have to say every time you post. It helps keep me honest.

If you have the time, I would suggest posting this in the testimonial section, if you have not already done so, for people who look straight to that column for "proof" that McDougalling works.

Looking forward to your continued good health and your insights.
Jackie J

Postby Plumerias » Tue May 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Awesome Bob! Congratulations!
Plumerias

Postby KareninTN » Tue May 05, 2009 5:54 pm

What an uplifting testimonial; you go, guy!

Karen
KareninTN

Postby Sulamith » Tue May 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Yay Bob!

Big pats on the back for your dedication and hard work!
Sulamith

Next

Return to The Lounge