Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Postby fulenn » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:47 am

I just finished my classes for today. Love teaching! I nibbled on plain, cold baked potatoes between classes and it worked out great! I just put a bunch of yellow potatoes in my instant pot at night and they are ready in the morning. I like having a change from oatmeal sometimes and this is it. Very simple, too.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby fulenn » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:40 pm

We have had a couple of great days! Thanksgiving dinner began on Wednesday. We had mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, summer squash, brussels sprouts, no-crust pumpkin pie, homemade cranberry sauce, brown gravy. So good! We have eaten this meal three times now. We also shared it with some friends: dropped it on their porch, knocked, and backed off. They said they loved it, too.

Happy Holidays!
Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:13 am

I have moved again! We bought a house up north in the USA and are in the middle of moving. I think I am a bit crazy. Our contractor will be ripping out some down ceilings and replacing them downstairs while we live upstairs. Guess where the kitchen is? That's correct, downstairs. So we will be living out of our Instant Pot for a week. Lots of potatoes! I have a class starting, so I will be leaving.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Tonight the entire house smells like dinner: navy beans, onion, carrot, garlic and seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic, and bay leaves. Bean soup! Smells so good. :) My spouse went and bought a fresh loaf of bread. Can't wait!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 am

fulenn wrote:Tonight the entire house smells like dinner: navy beans, onion, carrot, garlic and seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic, and bay leaves. Bean soup! Smells so good. :) My spouse went and bought a fresh loaf of bread. Can't wait!

Fulenn

Oh my gosh that sounds REALLY good! A perfect winter meal.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby fulenn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:15 am

Hi Buns! It was so good. I will probably fix another one tonight. My house is still a wreck. The contractor I hired ended up not knowing much. I had to fire him. He reminded me of Rumpelstiltskin, jumping up and down and threatening all of the things he would do, what he would charge me, etc. Fortunately we have most of it on video and in writing. The two men we hired for the plumbing and electric work were able to do it in 4 days; the original man was still humming and hawing after almost 8 weeks. So.

We are looking at having beans and rice tonight. Then potatoes and sweet potatoes and even more potatoes. I was wanting them when I woke up today and am already planning to eat them for the next several days. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:21 am

Ack! Nothing like an incompetent contractor. My parents (dad...my mom wasn't enthusiastic about the idea) had one of my dad's drinking buddies do a big remodel on their house, and he flubbed everything. Like...EVERYTHING. Didn't follow the blueprints, piped hot water into a toilet, did not establish bedrock for a room addition so it started literally sinking after a few years. Left a plumbing pipe exposed in the basement and PROPPED on a door ajar so that when someone (I) closed the door, the pipe fell and bonked me on the head. Big pipe, too.

You're wise to get rid of Rumpelstiltskin, that's for sure. Glad you got video. Enjoy your potatoes!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby fulenn » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:43 pm

I have to admit, I love eating! This way of life allows me to eat whatever I want. Today it is/has been lettuce, tomato, bell peppers, and red potatoes with bacos on top. Yum!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby fulenn » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:30 am

It's been a LONG time since I posted here. But I do jump on and read to catch up once every month or so. We are getting ready for Christmas here and I am planning our dinner. I want to have a platter of roasted veggies this year--we both love roasted brussels sprouts, so I want to do several root vegetables. My spouse loves mashed potatoes and gravy, so that for sure. I usually make cranberry sauce. He loves pumpkin pie, so that will be dessert. Not a huge variety, but very filling things. I will try to think up one or two more items. Maybe balsamic sauce on tomatoes; that was from one of the McDougall cookbooks and my spouse has made it for me a few times--so good! Balsamic vinegar seems to make everything better!

I found out this past week that my blood pressure is high. So I looked over what I have been eating the last few months and I have been letting my "celebration" moments slowly creep up in frequency. Too much sugar and salt in my food. I am going to take a few weeks to get those things back out or lower in my diet and then check my BP again. When I first started this way of eating, I just wanted to quit having MS issues, but over time, I began wanting the entire package--healthy weight, good vital signs, AND no MS flareups. So I need to fix my diet and get the BP back where it should be. I really have been eating too much of the bad stuff. :-(

Fulenn

fulenn

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals