Buns Again

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Buns Again

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:45 am

August 26
Day 31?

B: Frosted mini-wheats w. blueberries; oat milk
L: tomato samwich; veggie stix
S: rice cake
D: Ooooh...Hashbrowns and broccoli :unibrow:
S: otter pops
S: white beans from the can

Back pain is gone thank goodness. It's no fun when standing up straight hurts.
Yesterday I did a fair share of running around. My mom and I went shopping in two different places. Bed, Bath & Beyond,..when did they cram the aisles with stuff? There's no room to even turn around! I always thought of that place as a little more elevated than the dollar store or Ross. But that's all I could think of when we were there. No room for more than one person to browse the aisles, and NO room to turn a cart around. The mid-aisle bins made it look cluttered and unkempt, and OF COURSE what we were looking for was on the opposite end of the store. The layout literally steers you ONE direction, and we ended up right by the checkouts near the front of the store AFTER going through the whole entire FREAKING store. And all with a mask on. Ugh. I won't go into BB&B again. Nope.

And then, art supplies :) which was a good deal more fun but they keep the place non-air conditioned so we were hot, and there were plenty of people in there shopping for school. With a mask on. My mom bought some acrylic paints, and I bought six new colored pencils :nod: I'm building my collection of Faber Castell pencils. A high quality, medium priced product that is enjoyable to work with.

My screen time was minimal, as I'm immersed in a book, and I have one waiting at the library so that'll keep me occupied. I am trying to heal my attention span with non-screen activities like reading and Zentangle. I don't think we even had the TV on yesterday. Maybe Wylie turned it on while we were out, but I didn't watch any.

Mindset is good, though I am fighting "dread thoughts" a little bit. It just feels like something else bad is going to happen, and I haven't heard from any of my kids in ages, and I miss my little grandson and I want a good long visit with his mom and my younger son lives in Denver so seeing him is far between :(

Used to be, I could fight these sort of low spots with focusing on my gratitude, but that isn't working like it used to. Thank God for sunshine. At least my Vitamin D is up, eh? Today, lunchbreak OUTSIDE. Period. Soooooo...maybe I'll have a tomato samwich and bread/flour products be damned. I can eat that out of hand, sitting on my comfy anti-gravity chair in the back yard. yeah, that's the plan. :nod:

weight loss too slow....must...keep...other....benefits...in...mind...

Program outlined in the MWL book, page 60
1. Eliminate All Animal Foods :mrgreen:
2. Eliminate All Oils :?
3. Eliminate All High Fat Plant Foods: Nuts, Nut Butters, Seeds, Seed Butters, Avocados, Coconut, & Olives. :mrgreen:
4. Eliminate All Flour Products :?
5. Eat Whole Grains and Potatoes :mrgreen:
6. Eat Legumes :mrgreen:
7. Make Green & Yellow Vegetables One-Half to One-Third of your meal :mrgreen:
8. Eat Uncooked Foods :mrgreen:
9. Restrict Fresh Fruit to No More Than Two Servings a Day, and Avoid Dried Fruit, Fruit Puree, and Fruit Juice :mrgreen:
10. Use Simple Sugar Sparingly :mrgreen:

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly
Restrict variety :mrgreen:

Addendum from the newer version:

1) use no salt in cooking. Sprinkle a little bit on the top of your food if desired. :mrgreen:
2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others :?
that rice cake. It's salty and crispy and I have one or two a day and that's just how it is.
3) eat until satiated. Do not stuff your stomach. Stop when you feel full :mrgreen:
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :?
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:18 am

August 27
Day 31

B: frosted mini wheats, blueberries, oatmilk
L: chili over rice; broccoli
D: ramen with mushrooms, seaweed, and miso broth.

What a effed up morning. Can't get into my work system, my manager is "reminding me" all the things to do that I'VE ALREADY EFFING DONE...I don't even want to sit at this freaking DESK today in my boring job with my boring stupid fat self. With Wylie sitting on the other side of the room, TV on low volume, just barely holding himself back from mansplaining the FREAKING WORLD to me...the AC on way too cold and nothing but dread about what might be coming. I have friends in CA and friends in TX where there is disaster. My family has been impacted by Covid (Though my sis in law will be going back to work today, and my brother never got more than a bad head cold and mild off-and-on fever thank God) I made the mistake last night of watching the GD news, though I did turn it off before the "human interest" story about a little boy that got some new complication from Covid that made him EXTRA sick :( :( :( I am NEVER WATCHING THE NEWS AGAIN. Screw it. Disaster, dread, doom, death...who needs it.

AND I'm not losing weight! All that confidence and "mind in the game" I had the other day went away when I stepped on the scale and my weight was UP FOUR EFFING POUNDS :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry: :x

Psssh...maybe I should just toss the damn scale. I'm going to eat this way, period. The benefits are too amazing not to, and the scale only discourages me.

Well, here's to a better rest of my day. I have a call out to the Help Desk. Until they call me back, I have a few things I can do, I guess. *shrug*

2. Eliminate All Oils :mrgreen:
3. Eliminate All High Fat Plant Foods: Nuts, Nut Butters, Seeds, Seed Butters, Avocados, Coconut, & Olives. :mrgreen:
9. Restrict Fresh Fruit to No More Than Two Servings a Day, and Avoid Dried Fruit, Fruit Puree, and Fruit Juice :mrgreen:

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly <<< maybe I'll start working on this more diligently

1) use no salt in cooking. Sprinkle a little bit on the top of your food if desired. :mrgreen:
that rice cake. It's salty and crispy and I have one or two a day and that's just how it is.
3) eat until satiated. Do not stuff your stomach. Stop when you feel full :mrgreen:
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :oops:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Daydream » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm

bunsofaluminum, I have to limit my exposure to the news because it depresses me so I understand how you feel. I hope you have a more pleasant day tomorrow.
Daydream

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:03 am

Aug 28
Day 33

bunsofaluminum, I have to limit my exposure to the news because it depresses me so I understand how you feel. I hope you have a more pleasant day tomorrow.

Thanks Daydream. The day got better, actually. I had a mini meltdown then realized that I had done everything I could, and it was in someone else's hands to fix it, and I could do whatever I COULD do, and then wait. If I get paid my hourly wage for waiting, it's not on me. And once I got my system back, I had some good calls that were just the right level of challenging. Also, my husband found something to do outside/away from my work space. That was a lot of it, to be honest. He seems to consider it his duty to inform me or teach me. :\ it's obnoxious, and with him sitting in the same room I was aggravated. Glad he found a project out in the backyard.

B: frosted mini wheats w blueberries; oatmilk
L: fake tuna salad
D: nuked potatoes; cauliflower, sugar snap peas, baby carrots

I've gotten out of the habit of visualizing myself thin. Seriously, getting on the scale and seeing the pounds up by 4# just ticked me off. Took the wind out of my sails COMPLETELY. But I've been holding a carrot in front of my own nose: I promised myself I'd do MWL until Aug 31 and I'm doing it...and I am going to reward myself with a new pair of earrings. Slightly elevated earrings, not the $9.99 version. Which is my usual speed. I don't know if the scale will ultimately show down any pounds at all, but I'm sticking to my guns, and doing this until the end of August and THAT deserves a reward. It's literally keeping me from saying to heck with it and eating all the things.

Isn't it funny/sad. I KNOW how much better I feel. Ditching the added oils, losing all the processed crap and eating as clean as possible completely reduced aches and pains, lightened me up internally, and following the plan consistently boosted my confidence and got me totally in the game. And a number on the freaking scale got me ready to throw my hands in the air and start stuffing dollar store pecan sandies in my face! Honestly. So thank goodness I have a new pair of earrings waiting for me. I'm giving myself $35 to play with :nod: woo hoo....don't get TOO excited, Heidi.

Also, going to add to my daily list: Mental Health

MENTAL HEALTH
1. Visualize myself thin 20 minutes
2. Spend time outside
3. Avoid TV news

1. Eliminate All Animal Foods
2. Eliminate All Oils
3. Eliminate All High Fat Plant Foods: Nuts, Nut Butters, Seeds, Seed Butters, Avocados, Coconut, & Olives.
5. Eat Whole Grains and Potatoes
6. Eat Legumes
7. Make Green & Yellow Vegetables One-Half to One-Third of your meal
8. Eat Uncooked Foods
9. Restrict Fresh Fruit to No More Than Two Servings a Day, and Avoid Dried Fruit, Fruit Puree, and Fruit Juice
10. Use Simple Sugar Sparingly

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly
Restrict variety

1) use no salt in cooking. Sprinkle a little bit on the top of your food if desired.
2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others
3) eat until satiated. Do not stuff your stomach. Stop when you feel full
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Morris » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 am

Hope you are having a better day. I am limiting my computer time because I end up listening to the news.
Nancy (aka Morris)

Morris

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Morris wrote:Hope you are having a better day. I am limiting my computer time because I end up listening to the news.

Mine is FB. You can't help but see the battles and arguments on peoples feeds. I have a few pages I like to look in on, and limited myself to 30 minutes a day, just to check the sites I want to see, then get out. And of course, on my phone anyway, the google app is loaded with articles that you can't eliminate. I'm always better mentally and emotionally when I don't let the bombardment come at me. My hubby likes to watch the news, and it just runs off him like water on a duck's back. Me, I absorb it all. Can't do it.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Couldn’t get to the computer on Sat or Sun. This is what I ate, best I can remember. I did treat myself on Sunday w avocado toast and also some toast w our own honey on it with my stew. 100% whole wheat w five ingredients: whole what flour, water, yeast, honey, and salt. Yum! It smelled so good and tasted delicious!

August 29

B: frosted mini wheats; oat milk
L: hash browns; broccoli
D: ramen noodles with shrooms, seaweed, and curry miso broth

August 30

B: avocado toast :oops:
L: Moroccan sweet potato stew; toast with honey
S: corn on the cob
D: potatoes; veg stix

A friend was in town and we went to coffee. Avocado toast was closest to on plan.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:57 am

Aug 31
Day 35

B: frosted mini wheats; oat milk
S: sugar snap peas, zucchini slices, baby carrots
L: chili over rice and spinach
D: Moroccan sweet potato stew; cucumber wraps w. corn tortillas and cucumber slivers
S: rice cakes

Okay! I got through the whole month of August, plus a few days in July, eating as close to MWL as I could. I added zero oil, but did consume oat milk with oil in it for about a week with breakfast. With the exception of avocado toast yesterday, I ate ZERO fatty foods. Flour products...I did eat noodles several times, and yesterday I had whole wheat toast with honey, with my lunch. Fully compliant whole wheat bread :nod: Amazing what a treat plain old whole wheat bread was, you know? When I opened the package, the aroma! It smelled luxurious while toasting, and the flavor was sublime. Went well with my sweet potato stew.

Let's see. What else. Rice cakes. They are not in the "low calorie density" category, but they're crispy and salty and FAR better than chips, right? Sometimes before bed, or between meals to tide me over. Ah also, I only get the wild rice cakes from Lundberg. They're made with whole grain. Brown rice, while rice, and sea salt. I didn't have a rice cake every day, but I'm okay with having one occasionally.

Now, what have I found to be the benefits of going all the way with this? Most important is the reduction in aches and pains. My knee still randomly is out of it. Like today it hurts, yesterday it hurt. *shrug* feels like arthritis, because it's always much worse after being still, and gets better really fast when I get up and start moving around. I was expecting great energy, and that hasn't really happened. However, I think my energy has been good since 2009, when I started McDougalling. Re-started, eh? ;) Anyway, because even though I gained a lot of weight in the past six years, it wasn't because of going all S A D on myself. I kept to the basics, not consuming animal and sticking mostly to whole foods. My stamina back then skyrocketed, my energy was amazing compared to how it had been on a high fat omnivore diet. Hm.

Okay, so my energy has remained the same, which is comparatively high. Stamina is actually really good, too.

And last, but not least???

SW: 250
CW: 240
GW: 140

I'm claiming the 10 lbs, because I DID weigh 250 on the day I finally made the decision to do this. Of course, the very next day I was down 2 lbs. Water weight? Whatever. Anyway, on 7/27/2020 I stepped on the scale and the number was 250. This morning I stepped on the scale and the number is 240. That's 10 lbs.... !!!!! Image

Alrighty, now on to the future. I have got to make a goal of being more active. MUST DO. With that in mind, and considering that my feet and knees get bad when I overdo...heh, such as walking around the block...but this I can do: One minute plank every day. Right now I can hold a plank, straight arm, for 30 seconds. Going to do what I can every day, and build up to a full minute.

Hm. Also, going to get up from my dang work desk for five minutes every hour. Oh! Also going to reward myself with new earrings.

Here's to continuing through the month of September. woo hoo!

MENTAL HEALTH
1. Visualize myself thin 20 minutes :mrgreen:
2. Spend time outside :mrgreen:
3. Avoid TV news :mrgreen:

PHYSICAL
1. 60 second plank :mrgreen:
2. Get up every hour for five minutes. :mrgreen:

4. Eliminate All Flour Products :mrgreen:
7. Make Green & Yellow Vegetables One-Half to One-Third of your meal

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly

4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity ;)
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:58 am

Sept 1
Day 36

B: Grape nuts; frozen berries; oat milk
L: Moroccan sweet potato stew; broccoli
S nuked sw potato
D: rice w gravy; broccoli

It got cold overnight... 45* brrrrr. But that means SOUP SEASON!!! yay! It's the first of a new month, I really miss my kids, I love working from home but I wish my hubby had a full time day job ;-) My brother stopped over yesterday and we had a nice visit. He's done with his quarantine, and his Covid symptoms were no worse than a head cold and two days of off and on fever. His wife had worse symptoms but also recovered. Part of me wants to go stand next to an unmasked Covid patient and just get it over with.

Hoping for a calmer day at work. Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Wiped me out.

LATER:
Hubby made himself an omelette and the smell of the cooking eggs is making me sick. Now how about that. The one hold animal products has had on me was eggs, and here I am getting grossed out by the smell of them. Huh. Changing, am I?

MENTAL HEALTH
1. Visualize myself thin 20 minutes :mrgreen:
3. Avoid TV news :thumbsup:

PHYSICAL
1. Plank every day :thumbsup:
2. Get up every hour for five minutes. :|

8. Eat Uncooked Foods :|

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly
Restrict variety

2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others :mrgreen:
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:12 pm

It's such a beautiful day today! The air is cool, and the sun is bright and warm LOVE IT!!!!

During lunch break I pulled weeds out front, and got up more frequently to walk around a little bit just inside. Very nice. Feels like some energy is available to me :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:45 am

Sept 2
Day 36

B: frosted mini wheats; berries; oatmilk
L: rice w. gravy; spinach
D: giant fake tuna salad YUM

Wow! I felt so fantastic yesterday! It was cool, like fall with a bright warm sun in a perfect blue sky, cool breezes. And my energy was up AND my feet didn't hurt!!!! I pulled weeds in the front garden during lunch, and as soon as work was over, took a walk to the bottom of the street and THEN cooked dinner which had me on my feet for another half hour AND MY FEET STILL DIDN'T HURT! ha!

This morning I slept in just a tiny bit and woke up alert and with it. Did not make myself any coffee. Feel terrific. Going to make soup today :nod: yay soup season!

MENTAL HEALTH

PHYSICAL
1. Plank every day :mrgreen:
2. Get up every hour for five minutes. :|

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly
Restrict variety

2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others ;-)
3) eat until satiated. Do not stuff your stomach. Stop when you feel full :oops:
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :?:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:54 am

Sept 3
Day 37?

L: Costa Vida style salad w salad greens, rice, beans, fresh pico
D: rice and gravy with mushrooms; spinach; corn

So, my knee is back hurting again. Hurts when I walk, hurts a little less when I'm sitting. Why!!!?

Yesterday I ended up having a huge salad for dinner and didn't make the not-chicken soup. Now I have a large supply of salad greens in the fridge, so I guess I'll be making salads. Probably stick with my yummy favorite, the deconstructed fake tuna salad samwich filling. Hmmm maybe I will make a Costa Vida style salad for lunch. :nod: need some pico...hmmmm....

I can do both of those and use up all those greens.

Deconstructed fake tuna:
Garbanzo beans, seaweed, pickles, red onion. I mince the onion and pickle, reconstitute the seaweed, and put all of it on a pile of leaves ;) The dressing is mustard, balsamic vinegar, and a few drops of maple syrup. Then I sprinkle some rice seasoning that I got at the Asian market, which adds a little wasabi action. It has fish flakes though. They add flavor like crazy! but I'm thinking I might not get the rice seasoning again.

Back Engineered Costa Vida Salad:
Corn tortillas, salad greens, rice, black beans seasoned w. garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin, pico de gallo. Pretty tasty

I also have rice made and some golden vegan gravy that go well together with broccoli or spinach. And I guess, salad, eh? But that rice and gravy tasted so good for yesterday's lunch that I ate past satiation. Got really full with a small portion of seconds.

Been keeping up with my daily plank, and a little more active just generally. Getting up more often, and walking around during my breaks. Other than the walk I took the other day, I haven't done anything that I can think of to tweak my knee, but it sure does hurt. :(

I may have a cup of coffee today, as I woke up really early.

MENTAL HEALTH
1. Visualize myself thin 20 minutes ;-)

PHYSICAL
1. 60 second plank :mrgreen:
2. Get up every hour for five minutes. ;-) probably every other hour

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly :oops:
Restrict variety :?:

2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others ;-)
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :mrgreen:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:55 am

Sept 4
Day 38

L: rice w gravy and mushrooms; spinach
D: potatoes; sugar snap peas; baby carrots

Loving the energy. One of the tick marks every day is to be more active, and that is happening naturally. I just feel like getting up and doing! Love. It. No coffee needed today. I did have a cup yesterday, after giving it a try without. Today feels like I don't need it. Pretty much like how it happened back in the beginning...11 years ago! What!... when I was drinking a full pot of coffee every day. Two big mugs in the morning, and an afternoon mug when I got home from work. Two weeks into this way of eating...One week, really...I stopped needing the afternoon coffee. Then one morning I woke up, made coffee, poured a cup and took one sip. It jolted my adrenals and gave me a gaggy shivery feeling. I set the stuff aside, no problem.

I still enjoyed coffee a few times a month, but didn't need it any more. Really, I haven't "needed" it but got hooked again last year I guess, and let it go again WITH withdrawal symptoms, and since then I can take it or leave it BUT...got back in the daily habit again within the past week or so. Yesterday I needed it. The day before, I didn't. Today feels like I won't need it.

Anyway, if coffee is for increasing your energy...look at me, having energy without coffee :nod:

I think I'm done with frosted mini wheats. Tomorrow will be the last bowlful, and I'm going to eat grape nuts for brekkie. I know oatmeal is a favorite for people...in fact, I love the stuff...but it doesn't stick to my ribs at all. I can eat a huge bowl of the stuff, and two hours later, I'm empty. SO hungry. So I don't eat oatmeal for breakfast. These cold cereals seem to be doing it for me, and grape nuts are on plan...they're a flour product, but they taste good and they stay until pretty close to lunchtime.

Knee pain much reduced today, thank goodness. I put on some topical, herbal pain relief last night. I don't know if that's why it doesn't hurt today. I'll be using that spritz again. It smells good and maybe it relieves the pain.

Improvements to make. I've been really lax about my visualization. Supposed to be giving 20 minutes a day to that, and haven't done much more than brief imagining when I first wake up, lying in bed. Five minutes if any. Also need to eat more mindfully. Chew thoroughly.

MENTAL HEALTH

PHYSICAL
1. Plank every day :mrgreen:
2. Get up every hour for five minutes. :?

4. Eliminate All Flour Products :?:

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly

4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :mrgreen:
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Sept 5
Day 39

B: grape nuts; berries; oat milk
S: watermelon
L: rice; peas; mushrooms; gravy
D: baked yellow taters; veg stix

wow did my knee ever hurt at the end of my day yesterday. It's been better today, but I was in a lot of pain last night...Might be time to see a dr about this. Weighed this morning and up a lb. :\ Otherwise, feeling pretty good. I ran the vacuum this morning and planning on washing the car tomorrow. Want to do it in the driveway with a bucket of soapy water and a hose :nod:

MENTAL HEALTH
1. Visualize myself thin 20 minutes :oops:
2. Spend time outside :oops:

Healthy Eating Habits
Chew foods thoroughly :mrgreen:

2) eliminate calorie dense foods including air popped popcorn and others :-P
3) eat until satiated. Do not stuff your stomach. Stop when you feel full :oops:
4) be more active. Aim for 30 minutes per day of brisk activity :|
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Sept 6
Day 40

B: watermelon; Costa Vida style salad
L: Moroccan sweet potato stew; spinach; corn on the cob
D: nuked yellow potatoes; sugar snap peas; baby carrots

Super lazy day today. I got up and cleaned floors yesterday and did a load of laundry. Today I folded laundry, did Zentangle, and binge watched Queer Eye :lol: Five hour PT shift coming right up!

No MWL guidelines today. Maybe I'll put them in later. Maybe I'll focus on the mental health aspects because what I'm putting in my face is good, but I'm still not doing the visualization hardly ever, and somehow not going outside hardly at all. Maybe tonight when I get off work I'll sit out back. The moon and four or five planets are in the sky at the same time. Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto-who-isn't-a-planet right? But I only know that because I have the night sky app ever since the comet.

But the warm evenings, with the crickets singing all around, the darkened sky....that just sounds lovely.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals