Doreen's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Doreen's Journal

Postby chef16 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 am

Made 2 soups today ,boiled some potatoes and cut up some veggies and melon to put in frig. to snack on. I also made some no oil hummus. Hopefully this will keep me from going off the track when I am hungry.
breakfast; was oatmeal with bananas and a little maple syrup ,black coffee
lunch; was melon , Vegetable soup ,lettuce with hummus, 3 ears of corn
dinner; was summer squash and bean soup, cucumber salad, 3ears of corn, 2 plums
Even with my prep I ended up with a slice of whole grain bread toasted with a little peanut butter . My biggest problem is I love bread. That was my last slice and I will not buy any more ,but I know it is going to be something I think about all the time. The other problem is beverages. I am not a water drinker and most of the time I drank pop and sweet tea' maybe a couple cups of coffee with non dairy creamer .I find myself not drinking anything unless I am eating a meal. The rest of it has been pretty easy so far.
Doreen
chef16

Re: Doreen's Journal

Postby Joanne_elon » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi Doreen.. ...
Looks like your doing great. I struggle with craving peanut butter also.
Plus....I am not good with drinking water. Just don't enjoy it.
I use to add juice to it so It tasted better and I wouldn't want to waste it by not drinking.

I since have purchased one of those fruit diffusers from Bed Bath and Beyond,
I put in berries or cucumbers. It looks and taste more appealing then plain water.
Also reminds me I need to drink.

Just an idea ....you may want to try.

Good Luck! Joanne
Joanne_elon

Postby chef16 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 am

Thanks Joanne I found a farm stand today that had fresh berries' so I put some in a pitcher of water for tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. They are supplied by Amish farms in the area so I was able to get some beautiful produce. This is going to make this a lot easier.
Breakfast today was; fried potatoes(without oil), beans in a broth ,fresh tomatoes and a bowl of melon
Lunch ; not chicken noodle soup (need to find out if my soy curls are okay to use), green salad with corn and black bean salsa
Dinner ;bowl of summer veg soup, large salad lots of variety, balsamic vinegar and topped off with fried potatoes ,frozen banana with a little non fat chocolate syrup.
When I was at the market I had a cider slushie I know we are not suppose to drink our calories but it was hot!
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:29 pm

Day 3 of my journal. Went pretty good I think?
Breakfast: oatmeal with bananas, blueberries, and a touch of maple syrup, black coffee
Lunch: summer squash, kale, and bean soup, salad with oil free hummus and a frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate syrup
Dinner: poblano pepper stuffed with brown rice, black beans and corn salsa,a jicama slaw with lime juice and chili powder and some boiled potatoes. I had a orange for dessert.
Late Night Snack: fat free pretzel stick and a lightly sweetened ice tea (oops!)
My infused water was okay but it needs more flavor. I'm wondering how much fruit you can add without it becoming juice ? You know if some is good, a lot is better.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:45 pm

Day 4of my journal
Breakfast: steel cut oats with flax seeds and blueberries and a little maple syrup, black coffee
Lunch: leftover Stuffed peppers, potatoes and jicama salad, water
Dinner: Bowl of veg. soup ,a small tossed salad with balsamic vinegar ,3 ears of corn ,and the rest of the stuffed peppers. had frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate syrup for dessert. lightly sweetened ice tea
snack: fat free pretzel stick and ice water
I am not really craving anything which is crazy, cause i am always craving something.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Tomorrow is weigh in, can't wait to see if I lost anything.
Breakfast: Plums, orange segments and grapes, white and sweet potato hash with peppers and onions, pinto beans, and tomatoes ,
Lunch: cold boiled potatoes, raw snap peas and peaches ,ice tea
Dinner: Cole slaw with a fat free dressing, baked sweet potato with bbq jackfruit on top, cooked beet greens with vinegar ' sliced beets, and watermelon ,flavored water
Snack: peach and ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Lost 4 # this week. That is pretty good. Today was one of those days I would have ate all day because I was bored. I controlled myself best as I could.
Breakfast: oatmeal with peaches ,blueberries and black raspberries and a little maple syrup. coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch: bowl of cold corn soup, sliced cold beets with balsamic ,baked potato halves with bbq jackfruit on them, watermelon
Snack; ff pretzel with peanut butter
Dinner: tossed salad with balsamic vinegar, whole wheat spaghetti with fat free sauce, zucchini and a frozen banana with chocolate sauce.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 am

Rough day today had a lot of bits and nibbles. Probably won't get them all. New day tomorrow.
Breakfast: watermelon, coffee with non dairy creamer
Snack: fat free crackers with a Tblsp. peanut butter, black berry lemonade (all juice ,no sugar added)
Lunch: bowl of cold corn soup ,leftover spaghetti ,peach
Dinner: Watermelon, beet greens with vinegar, baked potato, rest of the bbq jackfruit
Snacks: a soy yogurt, cut up peaches and coffee with non dairy creamer (found soy yogurt when cleaning out frig didn't want to throw it out.)
Like I said not a good day, better luck tomorrow.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:33 pm

its not like I am eating fried meat and cake and washing it down with a soda but I seem to be off track.
Breakfast: bowl of fruit salad, ff home fries , pinto beans and sliced tomatoes, water
Lunch: a slice of pizza no meat or cheese just veggies on a cauliflower crust and some balsamic glaze, water
Snack: dairy free ice cream bar
Dinner: Salad with chickpeas and beets and ff dressing ,oil free hash browns with ketchup, Raw peppers and oil free hummus, orange, water
Snack: cherries and ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:50 pm

Breakfast: coffee with non dairy creamer, banana, Tlbsp p nut butter
Lunch: Salad with peppers, cucumbers ,boiled potatoes and lettuce topped with no oil hummus , peach, and water
Dinner: bean soup ,boiled potatoes with a little Bbq sauce , corn on the cob 3 small ears, green beans ,cherries, black berry lemonade,(no sugar added)
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Breakfast: oatmeal with berries and bananas , coffee with nondairy creamer
Lunch: slice of whole grain bread with Tbsp p nut butter and cherries ,ice water
Dinner: Lettuce with fat free sesame dressing , 1 cup brown rice , 1 cup teriyaki stir fried vegs ,2 ears of corn, orange , ice water
Snack : oil free hummus , cucumbers, peppers and celery , ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby Ruff » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi Doreen, it looks like you are making a great start. Congratulations on the 4 pounds.
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby chef16 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Today is the first time I have really had a craving for something .I really wanted a sub. I take my father food so he doesn't have to go to the store. I ask if he would like something for his dinner and he wanted a sub with all the fixin's . Standing there watching her make that sandwich ,Oh my! Any way I didn't stay and watch him eat it and I thought about it while I ate my dinner ,still thinking about it. I only have been eating plant based for a little over a month , so I figured meat and cheese would be a problem at some time. I can do this! Anyway.
Breakfast: bowl of fruit salad, home fries, sliced fresh tomatoes, pinto beans, and hot tea
Lunch: cider slushie , fresh green beans, fresh peach (farmers market day)
Dinner: Italian bean soup ,Sliced beets and onion salad, black beans and brown rice ,2 ears of corn with hot sauce, peach and ice water
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Breakfast: 2 apples , Tblsp P nut butter, ice water (I got up really late and did not feel well.)
Lunch: bowl of corn and tomato soup with rice, frozen bananas with a drizzle of fat free chocolate sauce, ice water
Dinner: bowl of Italian bean soup(has potatoes in it) , tossed salad with fat free Italian dressing , corn on the cob with hot sauce, ice tea, 2 small peaches
Hope weigh in goes well tomorrow. Posting has not gone well on that board for me . I think I have lost more weight, we'll see.
Doreen
chef16

Postby chef16 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:36 am

Lost 3 more pounds this week. One more and it will be 20 since June 7th .I want it to be more. I know it is better to lose slow but I need a lot to come off fast so it makes it easier to move around and to be able to do things I need to do.

Breakfast: bowl of fruit, oatmeal with maple syrup and coffee with non dairy creamer
Lunch : peaches ,veggie burger ,ice tea ( really needed a sandwich )
Dinner: tossed salad with tomatoes and onions, Black beans and rice ,corn on the cob with hot sauce ,orange and ice water
Doreen
chef16

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals