My healing journal-Kris R

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby KrisR » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:55 am

Postby KrisR » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 am

Yesterday I caved into popcorn and of course put seasonings on it that was not compliant. So, deciding to start a journal to document my successes and where I can improve.

The 1st thing is to keep my why in mind. Yes, I'd like to lose some weight, but more importantly I want to be able to focus on other things. I to reach other goals and I can't do that without optimum health. I want:

]to wake up without joint pain and aches
to have food freedom and learn to eat simply so food is just fuel.
have plenty of energy without dips throughout the day
to have mental clarity
be a good role model for my family
lose the desire for unhealthy food and manufactured foods.
get in touch with hunger and satisfaction.

I've already read some journals and got some good advice like eating simply and completely eliminating sugars and processed food.
Today I made the low-cal stew with some modifications. I didn't have crooked neck squash so I added a bag of riced cauliflower with a little extra corn and peas. This was so good, I think I will just keep making this with added starch for each of my meals. I have oat groats on the way so looking forward to having those for breakfast. Black rice frozen in portions in the freezer to defrost when I want rice (I don't like the texture from storing it in the fridge.). I have a batch of beans so I am set.

I do like to cook so I will be making small batches of low cal soup so I can try different variations every few.

I have no idea how to respond to other people's post or how to add a photo. There will be a bit of a learning curve here so I will learn how to use the forums as I go.
KrisR

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals