Looking for advice

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Looking for advice

Postby teegar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi. Firstly, I would like to tell you how much your film, books and website have changed my life. I am 51 years old and have never felt better. I was suffering from mixed connective tissue disease, a form of autoimmune illness. I also had major depression. Since starting the plan, I have noticed in increase in energy, and a decrease in pain and depression. I was skeptical, but now am a "true believer" :) However....I was wondering...my wife is still eating a very poor diet. She has Crohn's disease and joint pain. I am concerned for her well being and have tried many times to get her to "go green". She simply does NOT like vegetables at all, and if she does eat anything healthy its usually an apple, or a few sticks of celery. I don't want to push, since she seems to think I am trying to "convert" her. She enjoys her meats and cheeses, and I suppose if that's what makes her happy, then I should leave well enough alone. But I can't. Has anyone out there had a similar dilemma? If so I'd like to hear what they have to say. I have been trying to lead by example but to no avail. I don't want to be pushy, but am concerned for her. Thanks in advance!
teegar

Re: Looking for advice

Postby Michele613 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi Teegar, I can relate to your dilemma. We all want for our spouses what we want for ourselves when it comes to health and healthy eating. I have accepted, for my situation, that only 'being an example' and 'praying' will help. I haven't yet been on MWL long enough to be a good example but I plan on continuing. I am 70 and I have finally learned that I just can't change anyone nor do for them what they are not willing to do for themselves. Just continue to insure your health and love her.
Michele613

Postby teegar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Thank you, I do appreciate the advice.
teegar

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi teegar. You’ll find this is is a very common situation. Fortunately, just leading by example will get you pretty far. Just give it time. Also, check out the family forum. I believe other people have posted about these things there.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Return to The Sandbox