October 2017 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: October 2017 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Purposive » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:51 am

Just a question - if we want to stay with this group into November do we stay with this thread or join a November thread?
Purposive

Postby amandamechele » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

Purposive wrote:Just a question - if we want to stay with this group into November do we stay with this thread or join a November thread?

Hi Purposive,

Everyone just starts posting under the November thread (instead of this one) who would like to continue. I'll stick a link to it in this thread once I put it up.

I hope to see you there!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:13 am

Suey51 wrote:
Amy - haha would love to join you on a walk. Although on my usual routes, the only scary wildlife is a mother goose defending her young or some local residents locking horns over parking spaces" :lol: How are the renovations going on the new place?

Best wishes to all xx

Good morning Sue,

LOL, those geese have a sharp peck! When my oldest was 18 months old he ran over to a Canadian goose to say hello and got a peck on the nose...lol...he was not too happy about it.
Renos are going as expected (which is more slowly than projected). I hope to have just enough done to get the cutting tools out and walls painted before the furniture arrives in the next 7 days or so.

It sounds like you are still in Spain, do you travel there often?
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 pm

amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Here's the link to the November 2017 Weigh In Thread.
I hope to see you all there this Friday and Saturday!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby SonjaK » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Amy, thank you for the suggestion of Dr. Lisle's Cram Circuit. After seeing it referred to a couple times here I finally looked it up.

I watched his interview with Gustavo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77XP3t8gZwA

And then I watched this one on Cramming and bingeing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1f4_5oCNaQ

It helped me SO MUCH understand my issues and how to fix them. Truly life-changing light bulb moment. I am at the tail end of weight loss and I have felt so discouraged because of what I categorized as bingeing and its pathology and fear that I will never lose the last few pounds and be at a truly (in a WFPB view) BMI. Based on his descriptions, I'm totally a crammer NOT a binger and yes, it was fixable. Well on my way to better habits and choices.

Sonja
SonjaK

Postby Suey51 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:25 am

amandamechele wrote:Good morning Sue,

LOL, those geese have a sharp peck! When my oldest was 18 months old he ran over to a Canadian goose to say hello and got a peck on the nose...lol...he was not too happy about it.
Renos are going as expected (which is more slowly than projected). I hope to have just enough done to get the cutting tools out and walls painted before the furniture arrives in the next 7 days or so.

It sounds like you are still in Spain, do you travel there often?

Ouch, that sounds painful!
Ah OK. Things like that always seem to take longer don't they? Sounds like you're getting close to moving in :D
We come to Spain about 3 or 4 times a year, usually in the autumn/winter/spring months. Back to the UK this weekend.
Suey51

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program