January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Welcome to the January Weigh In Thread for the Maximum Weight Loss Forum.

This is where we gather each week for support and accountability while eating the maximum weight loss version of the McDougall plan. At the bottom of this message are the instructions for participating in the weigh ins (it's pretty simple, so no worries).

This forum provides everything one needs to know for following the MWL way of eating. Please take a look at some of the many threads for inspiration and guidance.

MWL Diet Guidelines:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26620#p265094

A List of MWL Recipes:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/pdf/maximum_weight_loss_compatible_recipes_mcdougall_books.pdf

Printable Recipe Cards (Both MWL and the Regular Program):
https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/recipes/printable-recipe-cards/

I'm excited to renew my yearly goal to treat my body gently with a health promoting way of eating. I have personally lost 99 pounds, thus far. I don't think I can accurately describe just how thankful I am to have been introduced to these concepts. The support provided in the discussion forum, from the many long time adherents to this way of eating, from the experts in nutrition and psychology and from Dr. McDougall, himself, have been invaluable to me.

I hope they will provide you with some inspiration too!

Amy

Here are the standard monthly instructions for participating in this thread:

1) Please make sure you make a new post every week when you post your weigh ins. If you only edit your very first post in the thread, I will never find it. Thanks. :)

2) A note from Jeff Novick RD

FYI

For the newcomer, I collated this from some earlier threads....

Here is a refresher on some guidelines for posting here and participating in our monthly weigh-in thread.

Our weigh in's are on Fridays and you have until 12 PM PST on Saturday to report.

Anyone is welcome to join the weekly weigh in group as long as they follow the McDougall principles. We recommend following the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) plan or the Mary's Mini's Plan.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum on the guidelines for the MWL program.

In order to tally the results please submit your results by posting the total pounds you have lost or gained that week. You don't have to share your total weight if you'd rather keep that to yourself. This is an honor system so we take the gain, loss or maintain you give us in order to tally.

If you are a new member and would like to join but don't have a weight to be counted for the week then you will be counted either as a body with a zero starting weight, or when you check in for the weekly weigh in the following week. Large amounts of weight lost over a period of months or weeks, prior to joining the weekly weigh in group, will not be counted towards the weekly total.

If you measure your weight in something other than pounds please convert the measurement to pounds.

All gains will be counted towards the total to encourage weekly participation. Posting is encouraged whether it's a gain, a loss, or a maintain.

You are welcome to share as little or as much as you want on your weight loss journey here in this thread. We encourage members of the group to talk to each other, cheer each other on and set goals together.

This thread is for the mutual support of all who wish to participate.

See you all this Friday and Saturday!
amandamechele

Re: January 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby amandamechele » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:13 pm

The next weigh-in is on Friday, January 6th, 2017.
amandamechele

Postby GlennR » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm going to join in, and stay in, until I reach my target, which I've reset. I've just been dancing around up and down and up again and it's time to really apply myself.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby amandamechele » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:11 am

Welcome GlennR! I've done that dance too. I'm glad you will be joining us here.
Amy
amandamechele

Postby Belinda » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am

I'm going to join in on the challenge this month. :)
*♥´¨)
¸.•♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸ ;.♥Belinda♥*❅.•*˚✻.•*˚❆.• *
Belinda

Postby BeccaF » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 am

I'm in! I've ganed 25 pounds back in 2016, and I'm ready to lose them for good. I lost 83 pounds following the program and I slowly slipped back into eating too much and eating some higher fat things and flour. I've been exercising for a few weeks now, but dummy me hasn't been eating maximum weight loss... and this past weekend I binged on chips and guac... time to refocus!
BeccaF

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 am

Good to have you both, Belinda and BeccaF. :)

Yep, I'm doing the re-focus thing too. Let's do it together!

Amy
amandamechele

Postby Gayhartk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:25 am

Weight in at 233 on Jan 1, 230 yesterday. Started exercising today, Jan 3. Hope to do well on WFPB lifestyle that I started again on Jan 1. Already feel better. So challenging to cook one meal for me and another for family...
Gayhartk

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:32 am

Gayhartk - Welcome! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better already. I still feed my family in a variety of ways too. To keep myself on track, I batch cook my own meals in advance (soups and chilis and stews), rice and potatoes. That way, I can limit the daily cooking to whatever meal I am making the rest of the family, since they don't need to eat as low on the calorie density scale as I do.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 am

Speaking of calorie density...that reminded me that Jeff Novick, the nutrition expert for this program, made his full length calorie density presentation available on YouTube recently. If you haven't seen it, it's a fun and easy way to learn the ins and outs of this concept. It's a bit more than an hour long, so grab your carrot sticks and baby potatoes and get comfy!

http://youtu.be/0CdwWliv7Hg
amandamechele

Postby Nurse_Kim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm excited to find this group. I've been working of plant-based for the past year. I'm ready to get serious and do this 100%.
Nurse_Kim

Postby Loralei » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:18 pm

I would like to join this group. Thank you and Happy New Year!
Loralei

Postby Little » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:07 pm

I hope I'm doing this right and I'm in the right place. I want to be a part of the 2017 maximum weight loss and weigh in every Friday is this were I wouldn't do that? Do I just put my weight loss on a post like this? Sorry I'm not very techy just need a little help :D
Little

Postby amandamechele » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Welcome Nurse_Kim, Loralei and Little!

We're happy to have you join us. This is the place to be to get serious and where we will be posting our weights. You did it exactly right, Little.

On Friday, throughout the day, we post our weight lost (or gained - with no judgements!). Some people post their actual weights, such as:
I went from 189 to 188, for a 1 pound loss.

Or

I'm down 2.5 pounds this week.
(With no need to share further weight details.)

I am at a stage where I am losing weight slowly enough that 1/2 my weeks are up and 1/2 my weeks are down, but with a general downward trend.
We will all be in different places of our personal journeys and definitely want to celebrate successes and commiserate with trials.
So don't be afraid to post the good stuff...or the bad stuff...
That's what we're here for!!
amandamechele

Postby anne57 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program