Dissolution's Solution

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Dissolution's Solution

Postby Debbie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Great news on the smoking!! AND on getting a few things resolved.

Hmm, I have no idea what a steampunk is. I thought Nom was in the wrong journal :lol: :lol: :o

So you'll just have to make your tat better than your sons!!! Hmm, wait what does your wife think about that???? Maybe the necklace is a better way to go. :unibrow:

Dont sweat the scale. It'll all move in the right direction soon. Your off meds!!! How awesome is that???
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Postby MixedGrains » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Debbie wrote:Hmm, wait what does your wife think about that????

Surprise her with the tattoo. She seems to love surprises.

Heh -- and that right there is why nobody should ever take marital advice from random trolls like me on the internets! :D
MixedGrains

Postby carollynne » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:41 am

Dis, so that is what your avatar is, I really could not tell!! So glad that you are ok, I was honestly thinking that your wife read the journal and you had promised to stop journaling here. Nice you have the iPad and also nice about the mini weekend get away.
Great about no more BP meds. I know that has got to be a relief for your system. However it is a real bummer about the #s going in the wrong direction. No doubt it will work itself out soon enough. Gotta stay out of the restaurants, they are a killer for HBP and wt loss.
Good luck and keep exercising too.
This WOE with Dr John McDougall is the only time I have experienced any results with all of my issues, like medical and wt, and I think your wife is closing in on a deal with you to try it out. Great about the not smoking anyway. A beginning!! :-D :-D :-D
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby VegSexy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:24 am

Oh, I would love to get a tattoo, but I'm still trying to decide on something that I'll enjoy looking at when I'm in my 80s and 90s.

Maybe someone could mock up a design with the word "steampunk" and your avatar??? And put it on your chest??? Just a thought... :lol:

Seriously, congratulations on your wife deciding on quitting to smoke. Hey, that's just great news and a huge step in the right direction for her health. Congratulations!
~VegSexy

A guy has celery sticking out of one ear, lettuce out of the other, and a zucchini up his nose.
He goes to the doctor and asks him what's wrong.
The doctor tells him, "Well, for one thing, you're not eating right."
VegSexy

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

Debbie wrote:Hmm, I have no idea what a steampunk is. I thought Nom was in the wrong journal :lol: :lol: :o

google "steampunk images" and you'll get an idea about it. I am reminded of the turn of the century, with all its mechanical inventions. The locomotive was making its way across the US territories; people were thinking about submarines and flying machines, and making them up mechanically, with lots of tubes, levers, pulleys, hinges, etc. rivets, brass fittings, analog gauges, gears, wind up mechanisms, and steam driven parts.

Kinda cool, IMO
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Dissolution » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 am

fulenn I'm very glad she is going to try. I just need to figure out the best way to stay out of the line of fire for the next few days.

Debbie I think I mentioned getting a tat to the wife, she told me it was just my mid life crisis talking..meh could be.

MixedGrains Haha....You know though. It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Especially if I were to get a vegan tattoo.

carollynne In two months we have our long time friends coming to stay for several days. They have both quit smoking in the past couple of years. The wife is losing weight right now. I think she sees the need to have some amount of weight-loss success doing whatever she's doing, or she'll look pretty foolish to our friends. She's officially lost 86 pounds since the beginning of 2010, which is an awesome accomplishment.

VegSexy That's always been what has stopped me from getting a tattoo. "What will I still like in 20, 30, 40 years. My wife says her sister had roses tattoo'd on her breasts 20 years ago, now that she is 150 pounds heavier, they look like wounds or skin cancer.

bunsofaluminum I think steampunk is supposed to be an alternate history / timeline where fossil fuels where never "discovered", but technology still advanced. Think Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lots of continued stress at work this week. And damnit I'm am still an emotional eater. I didn't get my fasting day in on Tuesday because I had lunch with my Mom. Then Wednesday night I binged really bad. I ate a LOT of food, however the only think off plan were some chocolate chips i got into.

I think everything I was stressing about with work got resolved Yesterday to my benefit. So I'm much less stressed now. Finally at "normally" for the first time in over a week. Think I'll stay away from the scale until next Wednesday, I'm sure it's pretty bad.

Yesterday was the first day I did not go to the gym or workout or anything. I was watching TV with the wife and she said I looked pale, and was I alright. I told her I felt fine, but my BP was probably a little high because I had not exercised. She checked it and it was 137/87, so I went down to the treadmill, and did 2 miles in 30 minutes, BP dropped to 110/68 and hour later. Guess I have to be an exercise addict now.

The one thing I have noticed is my lack of soreness after lifting weights. I remember about 10 years ago or so, we joined a gym and I hit the weights really hard the first day, and could barely move for the next week. Then 5 years ago, I started slow, but once I started lifting to failure, I would be fairly sore the following day. This time I purposely started out slow, lifting lighter weighs, but now I've been pushing it. I can't seem to make myself sore the day after the workout. So I'm concerned that I'm not building muscle, or maybe this is just Vegan Super Powers, I don't know.

Happy Friday everybody!
Dissolution

Postby carollynne » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:06 am

Great news on your wife losing wt too! 86 lbs is a lot of butter and lard to get off. If you think of a stick of butter as 1/4 of a lb, then your wife has shed 86 x 4 = 344 sticks of butter, and wow!! my sister is on her Wt W all the times with the points and she yaks about how only .25 of a lb is really a stick of butter, and therefore so significant too.
so cool about the non- smokers in the house. Healthier right there.
Now i never knew that doing all that exercise would lower your Bp and the same day!! you are on teh right WOE and you have teh proof right there! wow!!
have a nice weekend, and don't worry about the scale, it will all work out soon enough!
Have a nice weekend too!
Last edited by carollynne on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby didi » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Wait a minute. I thought I was all caught up on the Journal. When did your wife lose 86 pounds? Did she start the McD diet? Is she doing her own thing? I feel like I am all alone in the ocean treading water and the cruise ship has sailed on without me.

Didi
didi

Postby Debbie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:09 pm

I like your avatar :unibrow:

Its vegan powers. Ruth Hiedrich says she recovers better now being vegan. She even notices it in her competitors. After an event, the next day shes not sore/tired, while the others are.
Debbie

Postby Riva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 pm

I think it is the soon to visit friend that has lost 86 pounds, not Dis's wife.
Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby Christine in Cali » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 am

OK I stand corrected
Last edited by Christine in Cali on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby serenity » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 am

Read the entire paragraph. It's the friend's wife.
serenity

Postby Debbie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 am

I think he's talking about his wife. Why would the friends wife feel foolish? That's what Dis says
The wife is losing weight right now. I think she sees the need to have some amount of weight-loss success doing whatever she's doing, or she'll look pretty foolish to our friends.

He doesnt note the sex of the friends who are visiting and only uses "she" when refering to who sees the need....who is losing weight and who has lost weight and who will look foolish. Then goes on to say she's lost 86 lbs since the beginning of 2010. He's mentioned her weight loss before. He doesnt mention the friends having lost any weight, only quitting smoking.

I believe he is talking about his wife and if you break down the quoted paragraph above, its pretty obvious, but it is a rather confusing one at that. :cool:
Debbie

Postby Adrienne » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am

I think Debbie is correct. Diss often refers to his wife as "the wife."
Adrienne

Postby Dissolution » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:48 pm

My bad, I was not clear enough. A few years ago my wife was having difficulty controlling her blood sugar. She heard about a doctor who was prescribing insulin to type 2 diabetics, so she went and was put on insulin. Her weight went from 230's to 287 over the course of 18 months or so on insulin.

So she quit taking insulin or any other diabetes medicine about two years ago. She dropped about 50 lbs the first year, and then the next year she maybe lost 20 lbs. Since I began with changing my lifestyle, she has lost an additional 15 lbs or so.

While she is losing weight, she's not getting any healthier. The pain she experiences from diabetic neuropathy is fairly debilitating. She's 47 and if we go to an amusement park or something, she has to rent a motorized scooter. She's extremely sedentary. That's why it was such a shame that she broke her ankle snow tubing, it was the most active thing she's done in years.
Dissolution

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals