Autoimmune McDougallers - watch this video!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Autoimmune McDougallers - watch this video!

Postby nicoles » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 pm

This is the new Star McDougaller, Caroline Duke

She had psoriasis,a common skin disorder that is also an autoimmune disease.

What is very important about this video is that she got rid of her psoriasis, but it took her a few years.

At minute 3:17 she says, "... within a year, I saw progressive change, and now that I've been on (the) McDougall Diet since 2007, I have absolutely no indication that I ever had an autoimmune disease process."

That is 4 years of "McDougalling", and she only just now felt OK to become a Star McDougaller.

This is very important - IT WAS NOT AN OVERNIGHT" CURE" - IT TOOK YEARS....but it still worked.

I point this out to anyone who, like me, who has one of those inflammatory disease processes, which do not respond rapidly or dramatically to this WOE. I have been experiencing progressive change over the last year, but I am not better.

I am not giving up, and, in my opinion, neither should you.

(I also posted the same thing in the Comments on the Latest Newsletter or Star McDougaller as well)
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Re: Autoimmune McDougallers - watch this video!

Postby patty » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Mahalo...great healing share:) And our body is biologically self-correcting itself a million times a day. Our vista gets better and better:)

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby nicoles » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Mahalo, Patty :-D

Oh, and above :) - I should have written that it took her 5 years, not 4.

I forget what year we are in... :lol:

My Journal
nicoles

Postby healthyvegan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:23 pm

every cell in our body is replaced every 10 years right? maybe it only took 5 to be over 51% and hit the tipping point :)
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby didi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 am

Nicole, your post made me think about a book I read once by a therapist in which a woman was seeing the therapist who recommended counseling for her troubled marriage. She asked how long the counseling would take before she could find happiness in her marriage. The therapist told her that it would probably take three years to accomplish this. The woman replied, "But doctor, in three years I will be forty-three years old!" The doctor asked, "And how old will you be in three years if you don't have marriage counseling?"

Didi
didi

Postby nicoles » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

Good way to look at it, Healthyvegan. Malcolm Gladwell would be proud :wink:

Didi -that makes a lot of sense, in relation to this as well.

I think this concept is relevant to anyone, with or without health problems - change takes time, but it does happen. But it is helpful for especially folks with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis (of course :) ), psoriatic arthritis, Sjogren's, Raynaud's, Lupus, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis...basically anyone with an autoimmune disease process. I know there are so many more, that is all I could think of off the top of my head.

My Journal
nicoles

Return to The Lounge