Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Postby PRamirez » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:38 am

A co-worker was diagnosed with uterine cancer just before Thanksgiving. She is a health conscious person looking for alternatives to drugs, but she also was one of those high protein, no carbs people. But when she was diagnosed she started to listen to her brother-in-law and me about her diet.

During the surgery they discoverd she had stage 3 ovarian cancer, it was also on her bladder. I sent home with her McDougall DVDs, books, you name it, for her to read during her 4 week recovery. She started the vegan diet before the surgery. She said that the DVD Healing Cancer from the Inside Out had a tremendous impact on her and her family who were all for chemo and radiation which she had already refused.

Anyway, the good news that after two months on the diet, whatever test they do for ovarian cancer that is usually 4,000 to 5,000 --- she is at 34 and is confirmed to be in spontaneous remission. Hallelujah!

Her oncologist still wants her to do the traditional treatments, Lord knows why, but she refuses.

She also says that her chronic migraines are gone.

She has watched almost all of her family die horrible deaths from cancer and treatments. And we just smile and grin and laugh with joy every day. Who would have thought she would have seen such a reversal in two months?

I can hardly can contain my joy. :crybaby:
Pat from northern Virginia
PRamirez

Re: Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Postby eaufraiche703 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 am

this is the most amazing story!

wow!!!!

isn't this WONDERFUL?!?!?
what would Scooby do?
eaufraiche703

Postby Gramma Jackie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:02 am

Wow! That's great. So happy for your friend and that you shared your knowledge about health with her.
Gramma Jackie

Postby nicoles » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 am

wow! that is amazing.
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby giddyupgin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:58 am

Great news...good for her.....
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Postby Birdy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Pat, that's an amazing story. Your coworker might enjoy watching the short video from T. Colin Campbell's website for a man named Bill Hale who cured himself of advanced prostate cancer about 14 years ago eating a plant based diet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvZ4ax3u ... ature=plcp

Thanks for posting!
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby PRamirez » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to encourage someone with cancer on the facts of what a vegan diet can do for them. I believed it, but gee, when someone's life is on the line, you think about the advice you're giving someone. I will never have the slightest hesitancy about it again.

Today at my sewing group, there's this gal on that crazy 500 calorie HCG diet that's everyone's doing. Her hair's falling out, etc. Goodness. But, one the cycles is no dairy she said to me, "you know how you told me I should at least give up dairy and I would feel better, well I do." And she started to tell me how much better she was feeling including getting rid of all the headaches and other ailments.

We'll see what happens when she goes off this crash diet and goes back to eating like most Americans. I hope she remembers how much better she was feeling.

I think I did send my friend the link to the Campbell channel of youtube.
Pat from northern Virginia
PRamirez

Postby carollynne » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:11 am

wonderful news!! thanks for sharing it with us!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby hdewitt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:43 am

That is wonderful news~!!

BTW I have a friend on that HCG diet as well. It really scares me.
hdewitt

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:17 am

Oh wow, what a wonderful story! I'm so thrilled for your coworker and for you. It's so awesome that she was open to learning about this and that you were there to show her the way right at that moment. I would think that with these results that she'll be on board for the rest of her life. Yay!!!
sweetfruitlover

Postby LauraW » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:23 pm

While hers is a wonderful story, and I do agree that a healthy diet is an important part of recovering from any disease...I wish people would refrain from pinning a recovery on any one thing. Cancer is a very complex disease. To say adopting a new diet is responsible for a person's recovery can be very cruel to those who succumb to the disease...they didn't try hard enough, they ate wrong, etc., etc. There are websites by people who have overcome cancer and give credit to the healthy diet they ate. While I am glad they are making this information public, I would also like to remind people that there are lots of people who eat perfect, vegan diets and still die. They don't make websites. There are also people with cancer who eat crap but still get better. They also don't make websites.

Again...I am happy that healthy diet information gets out there for those who need it, but my heart breaks for those who do everything "right" and die anyway. It's not their fault.
LauraW

Postby eaufraiche703 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:09 pm

that's so true, Laura, and thank you for that reminder.

(and sometimes people with unfortunate, unhealthy habits live long and disease free lives.)
what would Scooby do?
eaufraiche703

Postby Burgess » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Where does this story of a cure for cancer fit into Jeff Novick's pyramid of proof?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27778
Burgess Laughlin, Star McDougaller
My books: http://www.reasonversusmysticism.com
My health weblog: http://anti-itisdiet.blogspot.com
Burgess

Postby tornadoalley » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 am

That is so wonderful. I will pray for her and her family. For complete healing .
tornadoalley

Postby Starchyme » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:56 am

So happy for your co-worker. I love to hear stories like that. Let us know how things go. Also, maybe she would like to join our 'family' and glean lots of valuable information, as well as much support from all of us.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories