NEW DVD! Nuts and Health: What The Science Really Says

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

NEW DVD! Nuts and Health: What The Science Really Says

Postby JeffN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

Just released!

Nuts and Health: What The Science Really Says!

http://www.drmcdougall.com/store_nuts_health.html

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: NEW DVD! Nuts and Health: What The Science Really Says

Postby Katydid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:20 am

Just ordered! :D
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby JeffN » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 am

I have been asked a few times to describe the difference between this DVD, "Nuts and Health" and the older DVD, "From Oil to Nuts."

"From Oil to Nuts" is a complete overview of the different type of fats, essential fats, and their sources, impact, ratios, health claims, etc. It also takes a close and detailed look at Olive Oil, the Mediterranean diet, the French Paradox but only a brief look at nuts

The new DVD, "Nuts and Health," is a complete look at all the health and nutrition claims about nuts (and seeds), from fiber, protein, fatty acids, nutrients, diabetes, heart disease, body weight etc and puts it all in perspective including intake levels, allergies, medical concerns, etc. It also looks at nutrient density and shows how to apply nutrient density and then does so to nuts. More importantly, it is a lesson in critical thinking and analysis and shows how to evaluate any food and the claims made about it from a bigger, total picture perspective and uses nuts/seeds as the example.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby sharonbikes » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 pm

How soon til the other new DVD's will be ready? I am pondering whether I should order now, or wait til they are all ready...oh the dilemmas of life...! :D

Sharon
sharonbikes

Postby JeffN » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 pm

It will take some time as each one must be edited and I have to do them one at a time. So, figure a new one every 6 weeks or so for the next few months.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby cpgraettinger » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Just got it today! What video player is required? It won't open with MS media or Apple media players on my laptop.

Never mind - my Auto Play figured it out. No problems.
Last edited by cpgraettinger on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caroline Graettinger, PhD
Chief Vegucator, Garden Dish
www.gardendish.com
Make Every Dish a Garden Dish
cpgraettinger

Postby JeffN » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 pm

I just popped it in both my iMac and my Macbook Air and it booted right up and went to the main screen

It should play in any computer or DVD player

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby patty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I am watching it right now for the third time:) My mac didn't recognize it right at first. It did that with _Healing Cancer From Inside out_.. so not sure if it is my computer. I just ejected and reinserted. I am really pleased I ordered it.. and I wouldn't miss having _Oil to Nuts_ as they both give a wonderful in-depth and overview to the complexity of fats/nuts and seeds.

It amazes me I am so addicted to fat/oil and I am so grateful to you, for the simplicity of my food today. Jeff you are the best of the best:) by bringing Dr. McDougall's program home in synchronizing our subconscious, with our conscious choices in explaining why and how of this WOE works. Food is now like air and water.. as you spotlight what foods are easy to overeat:) It can't get any simpler.

It is like you are a cheat sheet:) to this whole mystery of food. Nothing you put out should be missed. It is very clear why Doug Lisle's father thinks you are the guy!

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby JeffN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 am

Thanks!

:)

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby patty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:35 am

Jeff I don't know if the economics fit, but I was able to purchase in bulk _Healing Cancer From Inside Out_. They are packaged in a smaller disc case which makes them so easy to carry and pass along. I would love to purchase your dvds marketed that way. Especially _Calorie Density_... just a thought.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby JeffN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks

We are actually looking into digital downloads for 2012/2013 so stay tuned.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Wanderlust » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 am

Digital downloads would be great! Especially for international sales.
- Sue
Wanderlust

Postby patty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am

I downloaded the PlanEat by Dr. Campbell. I was unable to watch because of the streaming wasn't consistent. It is too bad Dr. Campbell didn't offer to discount the digital price of purchasing the disc of PlanEat, but even at full price it wasn't offered. What was valuable about PlanEat that I caught the environmental consequences of people losing not only their land but their country because of SAD.

The _Calorie Destiny_ would be a great lead in... as it is the core solution to this WOE. In the future I will more cautious in digital downloads because of the streaming.

What is great about having the _Healing Cancer From Inside Out_ small packet dvds is the ability to give something that is tangible. The future is random acts of kindness:) How many times does diet come up in conversations? How great would it be to say, "Here is the solution" while giving them a _Calorie Destiny_ dvd.

One of my friends is from the Marshall Islands and she doesn't have access to a computer and my other co-workers aren't that computer alert either. We are on the bottom feeding line of healthcare:) where we see the consequences of SAD. And the simplicity makes a difference... I always give out Dr. McDougall's "Digestion Tune-Up" as the message is Light. Sharing is the Heart Beat:) where the blood flows the richest.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Katydid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Jeff,
Just finished watching. As a scientist myself, I appreciate the time you took to examine the issue in a logical step-by-step manner. I made the decision not to add nuts to my diet some time ago (although I do use ground flaxseed in my oatmeal) and I feel much better for it now having seen your analysis. Thanks.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby JeffN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Katydid wrote:Jeff,
Just finished watching. As a scientist myself, I appreciate the time you took to examine the issue in a logical step-by-step manner. I made the decision not to add nuts to my diet some time ago (although I do use ground flaxseed in my oatmeal) and I feel much better for it now having seen your analysis. Thanks.
Kate

Thank you. Much appreciated. :)

My purpose was not only to present the logical, step-by-step method to examine nuts/seeds, but in doing so, to use the example of nuts/seeds to teach people how the process of how to truly evaluate a food and/or health claim actually works so they can take the same approach to all these other issues that arise and they wrestle with.

This way, once they learn the process, understanding many of these other "debates" is really simple as the process itself reveals the answer.

Again, thanks!

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Next

Return to Jeff Novick, RD