One Month Success Milestones

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

One Month Success Milestones

Postby markus1958 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 am

I began the program a month ago today, and I am amazed and thrilled with the results. I have been eating a LOT of food but close to perfect as to McDougall, and I have lost 7 pounds in a month. I stopped taking my blood pressure medication after the second week because I was feeling dizzy upon standing. Now my blood pressure without medication is 128/80. That is as good or better than during the years I was on lisinopril, AND that annoying dry cough that ACE inhibitors cause has gone away. You know what else? I feel great--the best I have felt in years. I was having severe pains in my feet, hips, and shoulders before starting the program. Those have all gone away. I got back into my 36 jeans today instead of the dreaded "Relaxed" 38s I had been wearing. I am looking forward to my physical next month. I am hoping for an amazing cholesterol profile!

I am impressed by how easy this change has been. THANK YOU, Dr. McDougall for your bold, clear, humorous, emphatic information about the centrality of STARCH to a healthy human diet. I found it hard to believe. Like most people, I was so sure that STARCH was a dirty word. But you are RIGHT. I make potatoes, brown rice, corn, all kinds of beans, peas, whole wheat, or sweet potatoes a huge center of every meal. And I lost weight and feel completely satisfied, upbeat, and relieved that I have at last found a way to be healthy and not stressed about food all the time. THANKS SO MUCH.
markus1958

Re: One Month Success Milestones

Postby Broadbean » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:46 am

Isn't it amazing? Just one month of eating the right foods and you can get yourself off dangerous medications. And it's GOOD food, too!

I have my first physical in two years next week, hoping for similar good numbers!
Broadbean

Postby sweetfruitlover » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:47 pm

That's awesome Markus! I'm so happy that you've found this way and are already seeing such great gains in your health. Your enthusiasm really comes through and is very inspiring. Enjoy!
sweetfruitlover

Postby markus1958 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:58 am

Now at 7 weeks on the program, I checked my total cholesterol. Before the program, it was 190. Today it is 119. Very happy about it! And it has not been difficult. The freedom to eat as much corn, whole grains, beans, and potatoes as I want makes it easy.
markus1958

Postby Melinda » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:39 am

Congratulations Markus - you must feel wonderful! :-D
Melinda

Postby Rosey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:10 pm

This way of eating is wonderful. I'm so glad your feeling and doing so much better. HUGS!!!
Rosey

Postby sweetfruitlover » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Wow, that's a major reduction! I'll be thrilled if my cholesterol comes down even a fraction of that.

It's so nice to find a way of eating that is so healthy, so satisfying and nourishing, and so good for you and the planet at the same time, isn't it? I got my sister to try it (instead of another frustrating and probably short-lived attempt at The South Beach Diet). She also can't believe how great she feels and that she's actually losing weight while eating to full satisfaction.
sweetfruitlover

Postby John McDougall » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Amazing what a little human food will do for people.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby giddyupgin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Ditto.....
Have a great ride as we ride through life...
from giddy up gin <^__~~ Wooo....hooo...

http://www.windowpanearts.blogspot.com
http://www.giddyupgin.blogspot.com
giddyupgin

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories