YEPPERS, the fat you eat is the fat you wear

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

YEPPERS, the fat you eat is the fat you wear

Postby dollmaker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 am

though I knew that... evidently i had to prove it to myself...

I had come to a screeching hault with my weight loss.. 52lbs and holding... I had added earth balance ( I miss the butter flavor so much still) and was using it maybe once a week or less, then as Dr. says got the taste for it, and increased my intake.. ate a bit more bread and was eating it once or twice a day... and not 1T but maybe 3-4 T a day... an extra whopping 400 cals a day!

so I just cut it out again.. and wallah, down another 5lbs in a week... I know this works, I still feel great anyway, and still have no diet related diseases anymore ( diabetes,arthritis,mild fibro,skin spots,fatigue,bowel issues,heart burn,) but still wanted to lose more weight, as I am still far beyond the charts.. my skinny jeans are a bit loose now. LOL

thanks Dr. McDougall and Jeff Novik for all you do and all you have done for me...
Robin Armstrong Seeber[color=#0040BF]www.outsidetheboxprimitives.com[b]
[email protected][/color]
dollmaker

Re: YEPPERS, the fat you eat is the fat you wear

Postby dollmaker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 am

ALSO, thanks to my BROTHER JEFF ARMSTRONG for all his encouragement and support.. he is the best!
dollmaker

Postby f1jim » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am

Congrats on the weight loss and more importantly, the discovery that it's the little things that add up to making it or breaking it on this plan. We harp a lot about getting rid of these "distractions" simply because we see it time after time, when someone clears away these troublesome items they start making better progress. To some it comes off as picky and not looking at the big picture but many of us discover that if we watch the little things the big things take care of themselves. This is true regardless of how long we have been doing this way of eating. Another light bulb moment!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Loveskale » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Good to hear someone else confirming this. I was eating a little non-dairy milk which was aggrovating my health issues. I stop it and they pretty much dissappear.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby dollmaker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:13 pm

thanks for the replies and encouragement...

I do chocolate silk one glass a day as it makes my fingers nails amazing... I only know this because I tested it on myself for a year to see if I was nuts.. LOL...

other than that.. we end up adding fat whether we really like it or not if we eat out or do a short cut once in a while.. so I prefer to get my unwanted fat those ways instead of adding it at home where I don't need to... or have to!

thanks friends!
dollmaker

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories